Premium Package Question

MrBill

:
2017 MX-5 GT
We currently own a 2017 MX5 GT and have definitely decided to sell our old RAV4 and get a matching '17 or '18 CX-5 GT AWD, complete with the Premium Package and interior/exterior colors to match the Miata. As far as the model year we buy, we'll get a 2017 if we can get a fantastic deal, otherwise we'll wait for the 2018 models to hit the dealers.

I have one question about the Premium Package . . . where are the controls for the 4 seat heaters? That is probably a dumb question but I can't find this information online and don't want to check it out at a dealership since I don't want a salesperson twisting my arm just yet.

Thanks!

Last edited:
First two seats - it is going to be under the central AC vents where your other AC controls are.
For rear two - drop down the center armrest - there you will find the controls along with a copy Curious George back to the Jungle.

We currently own a 2017 MX5 GT and have definitely decided to sell our old RAV4 and get a matching '17 or '18 CX-5 GT, complete with the Premium Package, in interior/exterior colors to match the Miata. As far as the model year we buy, we'll get a 2017 if we can get a fantastic deal, otherwise we'll wait for the 2018 models to hit the dealers.

I have one question about the Premium Package . . . where are the controls for the 4 seat heaters? That is probably a dumb question but I can't find this information online and don't want to check it out at a dealership since I don't want a salesperson twisting my arm just yet.

Thanks!
Here are a couple pics
6da150086aaffaeff1fe8ebb730d9093.jpg
c34764cfa26bf818b0b997394523ca97.jpg

Thanks GKDolla . . . very nice setup and proves the old saying that a picture is worth 1,000 words!

Another pic for you showing compartment open with (2) 2.1 amp charging ports. Enjoy your new ride!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 468
Off topic, but gotta admit I like those cupholders in that picture way more than mine. Mine are too close together which makes it a pain if both my girlfriend and I want to bring in some big drinks ;)

Off topic, but gotta admit I like those cupholders in that picture way more than mine. Mine are too close together which makes it a pain if both my girlfriend and I want to bring in some big drinks ;)

Yeah, the rear cupholders are nice, but the front cupholders in the '17 are moved too far back in my opinion and they make it awkward trying to pick up your cup. You can get used to it, but it isn't as ideal as my '14 was. Also, I have had passengers riding in the back who accidentally turned on the rear seat heaters while resting their arms on the center console. Not a good thing in Texas, lol. It would be nice if the heater controls were either moved inside the cubby or to the center of the armrest to prevent this. Hopefully Mazda will address this on future models. I hate to give the haters any more ammo, but just being honest.

Yeah, the rear cupholders are nice, but the front cupholders in the '17 are moved too far back in my opinion and they make it awkward trying to pick up your cup. You can get used to it, but it isn't as ideal as my '14 was. Also, I have had passengers riding in the back who accidentally turned on the rear seat heaters while resting their arms on the center console. Not a good thing in Texas, lol. It would be nice if the heater controls were either moved inside the cubby or to the center of the armrest to prevent this. Hopefully Mazda will address this on future models. I hate to give the haters any more ammo, but just being honest.

Not a hater, just know what I like.

Thank you for the explanation. I just liked how they were a little farther apart. Less a comment about their actual placement. ;)

You have your AC set to 60F? I didn't know it could go down that much.

Figuring it's hot and humid, I've been taking it easy on my AC. It's our first new car in 15 years.

But I know what I'm going to do on the drive home from work later :D

You have your AC set to 60F? I didn't know it could go down that much.

Figuring it's hot and humid, I've been taking it easy on my AC. It's our first new car in 15 years.

But I know what I'm going to do on the drive home from work later :D
103 outside... Best believe I'm gonna have it at 60
af132d66a1e09a65092c64a47a24ce34.jpg

Setting it to 60 doesn't make it any colder than whatever lowest temp it can maintain at 103.

⋯ Also, I have had passengers riding in the back who accidentally turned on the rear seat heaters while resting their arms on the center console. Not a good thing in Texas, lol. It would be nice if the heater controls were either moved inside the cubby or to the center of the armrest to prevent this. Hopefully Mazda will address this on future models.
I don't like the placement of rear seat heater control switches either. They're too easy to get turned on accidentally while using the armrest, and they require two steps, unfold the armrest then touch the switch, to control the function. They won't be convenient to access when you use the middle rear seat or you have a child seat sitting in the middle forever. It's going to have the same problems for rear USB charging ports. IMO the best location for these controls and ports should be at the end cap of front console for easy access under any circumstances with rear passengers:

15TDIuslhd_P42Mb133.jpg

11%20%20heated%20rear%20seats.jpg

I don't like the placement of rear seat heater control switches either. They're too easy to get turned on accidentally while using the armrest, and they require two steps, unfold the armrest then touch the switch, to control the function. They won't be convenient to access when you use the middle rear seat or you have a child seat sitting in the middle forever. It's going to have the same problems for rear USB charging ports. IMO the best location for these controls and ports should be at the end cap of front console for easy access under any circumstances with rear passengers:

Yes, that would be a much better place for the controls and ports. I don't ever have more than 2 people in my back seat and don't think most would as there really just isn't enough room, so I always keep the rear center console pulled down and it works. But there is always room for improvement.

Of course the problem with seat switches at the back of the console is that it's an awkward reach. Also, if there are USB charging ports down that low, you have to run a long cord to the device being charged or sit it on the floor. Not convenient.

Of course the problem with seat switches at the back of the console is that it's an awkward reach. Also, if there are USB charging ports down that low, you have to run a long cord to the device being charged or sit it on the floor. Not convenient.

2018 CX-9 (announced this week) here gets them on the back of console:

Capture.jpg

Back