Firmware

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey guys!

I have been seeing a lot about firmware lately. Is there a way to tell if I have the most current firmware? I have a 17 GT. Can I update this myself, or is a dealer that needs to?

Also, I have been issues with my navigation not finding house numbers. Maps on my phone finds it. Anyone else have this issue?

Hey guys!

I have been seeing a lot about firmware lately. Is there a way to tell if I have the most current firmware? I have a 17 GT. Can I update this myself, or is a dealer that needs to?

Also, I have been issues with my navigation not finding house numbers. Maps on my phone finds it. Anyone else have this issue?

You can either query Mazda about latest firmware number or check online to see what the latest one is and compare it to what you have.

Dealer usually does the update.

You can get the version number from the system. Find that and we can tell you if your current.

Only a dealer can update it.

My Navi has never let me down with a home address. Only once with a business. And once with a picnic area in a park. Google had both of those.

You can get the version number from the system. Find that and we can tell you if your current.

Only a dealer can update it.

My Navi has never let me down with a home address. Only once with a business. And once with a picnic area in a park. Google had both of those.

How do I go about finding what version of firmware I currently have?

I will do that and report back.

No worries. Just in case I wasn't clear about the location:

• On main screen, scroll right to "Settings".
  • Go right to the 7th tab for "System"
  • Scroll down and select "About"
  • Scroll down and select "Version info"

I assume you are referring to infotainment firmware. While I am sure your dealer would not approve, you can update your own infotainment firmware...at least as of this writing...until they lock it down.

Firmware is available here:
https://my.hidrive.com/share/eij2ao9hsv#$/

Instructions here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGtsaeVftA

As stated in the video...doing so MAY void your warranty or I suppose it could "brick" your system so PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Personally, Ive done it once using these instructions and it worked fine!

Newest one is 59.0 version.
Seems very reliable.
Trust me. I have this buggy system since my 2014 Mazda3.
I have lived through at least 5 versions.
It is getting better.
2 versions on my Mazda6.
Just got a CX5 last weekend.

They all have 59.0 now.

Last edited:
I check the firmware site I linked to in the previous post pretty regularly for updates, and I did so before I posted the link above....but the site seems to have been taken down? Does anyone know of another source for the infotainment firmware?

It's not likely the firmware version is going help with missing addresses. First I'd download and register the Mazda Toolbox so you can get a map updates... here

Back