2017 GT AWD Torque Steer

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT
Anyone noticing torque steer when the wheels aren't straight? I get that with 310lb torque, I'd experience it, especially when accelerating through a turn...

hey , hi. yes there is an amount of torque steer . The CX9 is a fornt wheel drive driven car until it is 'asked " to send some power to the rear end, for sure mazda says there is always at least 5% of the power in the rear. When u accelerate in low revs the torque response in the car is inmediate, reminds me of a v8 car with torque in the low end where u got that instant response. Said this, my other car is an audi s3 , although it has the same amount of torque at the same revs you never feel the torque steer, this because the rear wheels are getting a higher percentage of it and delivering the power to the ground in a more accurate way, in the audi the feeling of the torque build up is also slower, like if the turbo takes a second longer to charge and tha is a huge difference in feeling response. so my point is , its normal to feel that torque steer, although when ur driving hard or in a curvy mountain road, the amount of torque delivered to the rear wheels will be much higher and that torque steer feeling will dissipate or disappear. try it. its kind of cool
I really like the way the cx9 handles, its like the audi s3 with 500 kgs over weight, but the spirit is there and the response is much better than any suv in its class by far!

Back