Mazda Touch-up Paint Pen

:
2017 MAZDA CX-5 GT
Ugh, just noticed a small white dot on my passenger door - the paint chipped off! I do a lot of freeway driving in LA, so I guess it was bound to happen. The stock clear coat didn't do much to protect it either. No dent, no scratch, just a hole on the top layer revealing a white dot.

Ordered Mazda's Touch-up Paint Pen for $10 online. I'll keep you guys posted!

If you have any tips or tricks in the meantime, feel free to share!

My experience with the white pens is that they suck. They end up looking grey rather than white after a week or so

Ugh, just noticed a small white dot on my passenger door - the paint chipped off! I do a lot of freeway driving in LA, so I guess it was bound to happen. The stock clear coat didn't do much to protect it either. No dent, no scratch, just a hole on the top layer revealing a white dot.

Ordered Mazda's Touch-up Paint Pen for $10 online. I'll keep you guys posted!

If you have any tips or tricks in the meantime, feel free to share!
Let us know how it works out... I got two already... Barely going on one month of ownership.

I would recommend buying dr color chip. Quick and easy. The pen might give you an uneven finish on the surface

those touchup paint pens are complete garbage... they come out runny even after shaking the hell out of it and they're hard to control the amount of paint coming out... this crap works as white out on paper, not cars!

because the old style touch up paint bottles from mazda are hard to find, I ended up spending some good money on importing the brush on mazda touch up paint kit from europe via ebay... it comes with a clear coat bottle, so it's a 2 stage process

Agreed on the pen. I have one and I have the white cx-5. It really does come out gray and uneven...plus the small pen-end doesn't work at all. Only the brush-end works.

Back