Got rear ended...

Gkdolla

:
2017 cx5 gt
Arrrrggggghhhh, sitting in traffic just now and got rear ended... Nothing major. Just two scratches from his from license plate screws....but the D!ckhe@d took off!!!!!! Extremely pissed off right now because I haven't even made my first car payment. Only 1300 miles on it...
f4dc976906e464bb9fc4428a61f06c7a.jpg

Sorry to hear you got rear-ended

Don't know if you can do much to try and hide that :(

I thought about getting a rear facing dashcam for this exact scenario. What an ass.
And the crazy part is, I had literally just noticed he kept getting close on the stop/go and I thought how pissed I'd be if he hit me just enough to make some slight damage....

I got rear ended last year too, on the Speed3 not the CX-5. Driver did stop, but had no insurance. It is a very annoying and stressful situation to be in. I file an insurance claim to get it repaired and moved on.

In this case, I think the hit to insurance in this instance is probably not worth the cost since there is no third party insurance to claim on.

In this case, I think the hit to insurance in this instance is probably not worth the cost since there is no third party insurance to claim on.
Exactly...and looking online right now...it looks like I'd have to get the whole rear bumper to replace it.... The black plastic isn't a two piece part....or so it seems.

Exactly...and looking online right now...it looks like I'd have to get the whole rear bumper to replace it.... The black plastic isn't a two piece part....or so it seems.

I would wait for a bit more scuffs to occur before replacing it.

I was thinking of using a razor blade to cut the higher parts of the cuts/scratches to make it smoother... And then maybe plasti dip that whole back piece so the color is all the same...

I was thinking of using a razor blade to cut the higher parts of the cuts/scratches to make it smoother... And then maybe plasti dip that whole back piece so the color is all the same...

Cutting the stuff off is fine but isn't plasti dip different to the bumper colour anyways?

It looks pretty close to the same color.... I did the from chrome trim and look how it almost matches the lower bumper.
f566ac6d2cf9b9e6c3a8eae7ca33f4b7.jpg

that blacked out chrome looks great! it does look like a perfect match.

yeah, it's a shame Mazda didn't make that rear bumper a 2 piece, I would go with your razor to cut off the small chads and Plasti-dip the black area idea,

you also have the premium deep red color which is the hardest (if not impossible) color to match.

So going thru insurance may raise your premiums and the color may not match perfectly,

so a scratch on the black bumper ends up a total mismatch on the beautiful red color from the profile view.

That sucks, hit and run drivers are scum, brand new car too.

Last edited:
Arrrrggggghhhh, sitting in traffic just now and got rear ended... Nothing major. Just two scratches from his from license plate screws....but the D!ckhe@d took off!!!!!! Extremely pissed off right now because I haven't even made my first car payment. Only 1300 miles on it...

UGH I'm so sorry, my stomach is sick for you (sad1)

Back