To tint or not

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey guys!

So, I am on the fence whether or not I want to tint my front two windows. My CX-5 17 (GT) is white. I would like to go dark, but I'm sure I would get hassled by the cops. I'm not sure if going lighter in darkness is worth the money? What do you guys think about tinting the windows?

I've never felt the need for a front window tint on any vehicle I've owned (in Northern Calif) before owning a CX-5. It was one of the first things I did (35% legal tint) after getting the car. There's just too much glass area on these vehicles not to. Makes a big difference!

Cx5 windshield in 16 is poorly constructed it seems. It blocks zero heat. Not sure 17s are in this regard.
I got my car tinted from dealer. Its free.

Tinting is a must for any car I've owned, usually the first thing I do. My cx5 is fully tinted including windshield and tint over factory tint. The first few days after getting the car I would always have ac on quite high, and after getting tint it's just more comfortable to drive in. I have 35% up front but thinking of adding another layer of 50% or something to darken it up a bit. I'm not super worried about getting pulled over in this car, it's a CUV and it doesn't catch a lot of attention unless you drive like a maniac.

35% is what did here is a pic.
20690397_10159227315420581_2621150239891354156_o.jpg

Why not? Heat reduction, privacy, and less sun exposure on the cabin. Even the cheap tint level is sufficient. But some people like to fishbowl because they like the classic look.

Definitely get it tinted.

I no longer purchase a vehicle without having the windows tinted. Keeps it cool in summer and provides some privacy.

What are you guys doing in your cars that you need all this 'privacy'?

I have front driver & passenger tinted and a 12 inch front window tint from the top edge down and that is a 35%. I never considered getting the complete windshield tinted untill I read this. Ed

I was teasing but I don't leave anything in my car that anyone would want. If anything, dark tints might draw more keying eyes. Is he trying to hide a 1200 stereo in there? LOL.

50% is whats legal in Cali for the fronts. (The number represents the amount of light the tint lets through, so the lower the number the darker the tint).
Sorry if that's already been said. I didn't read every reply. :)
Another thing to think about is how long do you plan on owning the car? I had the window in my RX-7 tinted about 10 years ago. Now it's beginning to bubble and separate in a few places, the rear window and it's defroster is the worst of it. I have a feeling it's gonna be no fun getting the old stuff off.
I did some research back in the day and used only 3M because I wanted it to last. I guess 10 years is good, but....yeah.

Hey guys!

So, I am on the fence whether or not I want to tint my front two windows. My CX-5 17 (GT) is white. I would like to go dark, but I'm sure I would get hassled by the cops. I'm not sure if going lighter in darkness is worth the money? What do you guys think about tinting the windows?

i like it when the tint is the same all around. I got 20% and it's illegal as hell at night but no problems from cops

Sometimes you just want to pick your nose in private at the light. :0

Back