Frequency of Mazda Connect NAV Updates?

Pipemajor

Hoot Mon!
:
Minnesota
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
Anyone know how frequently NAV updates are offered via Mazda Connect? I have a 2017 GT and it supposedly comes with a 3 year map update subscription.

Bought my CX-5 in May and just got a 2nd (July) update. A major bridge was just built connecting Minnesota and Wisconsin so kinda anxious for it to appear on the maps. Google Maps/Apple/MapQuest and others have just begun to update their maps.

FWIW, inserting the SD card in the SD card on my Win10 laptop didn't work - SD card not recognized. I got around it by inserting the SD card into a multi-card type reader which is plugged into into one of the USB ports. Took about 40 minutes to backup, download and update the card.

The new bridge cuts 20 miles off the one-way distance visiting the inlaws in Wisconsin. Also keeps you out of the heavy truck traffic on I-94.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/0...got-a-nifty-new-bridge-over-the-st-croix-now/

Last edited:
Sent an inquiry to Mazda Connect. They claim a rep will respond within 24 hours. I'll post what they say here.

For Australia it's biannually. Should be pretty much the same worldwide:

image.png

Seems to be twice a year, I updated in January then again in July

Yes. Mazda Connect responded to say they issue two updates each year. The last was released July 28. When I took delivery of my CX-5 in May, there was an update from January waiting to be installed.

The new data for this major bridge was NOT included in the July update. Not having many hopes it'll be there in January 2018 but I did notify them of the change.

Yes. Mazda Connect responded to say they issue two updates each year. The last was released July 28. When I took delivery of my CX-5 in May, there was an update from January waiting to be installed.

The new data for this major bridge was NOT included in the July update. Not having many hopes it'll be there in January 2018 but I did notify them of the change.

Hope they take note and add it in

Back