How to turn radio off in 2017 CX-5 GT Premium?

What's the highest quality audio file the Mazda connect infotainment system can play without any mods?

Will it play uncompressed WAV files?

why you want to do that? encode mp3 at 224kps and you are done. most people are more than OK with 160kbps. actually, 192kpbs is almost 20hz/20khz. take advantage of current technology (btw mp3 is very old - 1994 technology). today encodes are really superb. you can even find high end pro mp3 players/rec in rec studios

I haven't played a cd in my car for about 10 years now. Been using usb stick with no issues.

What's the highest quality audio file the Mazda connect infotainment system can play without any mods?

Will it play uncompressed WAV files?

I believe it will play WAV, although I think that is a waste of space.

why you want to do that? encode mp3 at 224kps and you are done. most people are more than OK with 160kbps. actually, 192kpbs is almost 20hz/20khz. take advantage of current technology (btw mp3 is very old - 1994 technology). today encodes are really superb. you can even find high end pro mp3 players/rec in rec studios

Not to mention a car is hardly an ideal listening environment. Even for the fussiest person, compression is fine.

192 k is awful. I only rip at 320. The space saving isn't worth it.

I'm very surprised to hear an audio engineer say that. There's a huge difference between 192 and 320 imo. I know when I'm listening when a 192 comes on as I do have a few I got from other sources.

Simply because if I'm going to convert my cd collection I want it as true as I can possibly get it. I'm very familiar with compressed audio, and if I already own the hard copy I'd like the digital copy to be lossless. Anything that I don't have a physical copy of is already @ 320. It's OK, but if I can have better then I'm all for it.

Disk space is cheap and I don't mind having a few USB's instead of a hundred or so CDs. But if I can have a few USBs instead of 1 or 2 and have better SQ to my ears then I'm all for it.

Audio is just one of those things for me. I won't even stream some movies online because if it's an action movie I really want to see I want the HD audio soundtrack with it.

Something to look forward to. The new Mazda 3 appears to have an on/off switch for the sound and more controls on the console. See it here.

Back