2017~2024 2017 new CX5 KF under dash trim panel

matt_perth

:
CX5
Hi guys, of every car I have ever owned, under the dash there is a trim panel, I noticed tonight that if you look under the drivers side, there is no trim panel and you can see right under the dash.
Can someone check their 2017 new CX5 - is it the same or was my car delivered with a trim panel missing?

20170812_202711 (Large).jpg20170812_202717 (Large).jpg
Thanks Matt

Last edited:
That's not right

Edit: I'll check mine soon and reply for sure.
Edit 2: never stuck my head far enough. That's how mine looks.

Last edited:
Fairly normal but in some other Mazda's the uncovered area is a little higher up

All cars are like that, if you get your head down by the pedals you can see up inside the dash and where the steering column and brake pedal linkage goes through the firewall.

All cars are like that, if you get your head down by the pedals you can see up inside the dash and where the steering column and brake pedal linkage goes through the firewall.

No they aren’t. A lot of cars have a blanking panel there. Its much rarer to see it open.

Looks like they may have slightly cut corners with the OPs car. Aznbagel's pic is how it should be

Thanks guys, so ours are all the same and I have nothing missing.

Like you say, it cant been seen unless you get your head low and really doesn't matter. The passenger side is not that bad as the glove box covering most of it. It was only noticed when installing a dash cam.

If you are really worried, I am sure there are products out there that can be added to that area in order to cover it up and also reduce any extra noise that would come through to the cabin via there

Normal. And good; one less plastic panel to eventually start rattling. Same with the engine - my 2006 3 had plastic panels all over the engine that eventually started creaking.

Normal. And good; one less plastic panel to eventually start rattling. Same with the engine - my 2006 3 had plastic panels all over the engine that eventually started creaking.

May make probably make sense to cover the area with some sort of carpet that uses Velcro meaning easy to add and remove and still stable

May make probably make sense to cover the area with some sort of carpet that uses Velcro meaning easy to add and remove and still stable

I would not put anything near it that could possibly interfere with pedal movement. It's not visible unless you're down there cleaning. No problem to fix.

I would not put anything near it that could possibly interfere with pedal movement. It's not visible unless you're down there cleaning. No problem to fix.

Fair points.

Just a suggestion to those who are OCD and don't like how it is currently (wink)

Besides, it wouldn't be an actual floor carpet mat, just a piece of thin carpet shaped to exactly fit and be away from the pedals

Back