2016 CX9 first oil change interval?

:
Not yet
Hey, my wrench light came in at 500 miles. Not sure when I am supposed to get my oil changed? Should I just ignore and reset or get it changed. I purchased the car in July. It is a 2016 model though.

Thank you in advance. I searched.

What is the oil interval anyway, I moved and left the manual at my parents.

With flexible oil change intervals it is around 7500 miles. It could be that it is now a year old and that is why it have come on, I don't know.

I would contact the dealer and ask!

Hey, my wrench light came in at 500 miles. Not sure when I am supposed to get my oil changed? Should I just ignore and reset or get it changed. I purchased the car in July. It is a 2016 model though.

Thank you in advance. I searched.

What is the oil interval anyway, I moved and left the manual at my parents.

change the oil for the first time at about 3000 miles.

try not to use 0w20.. get it done at a mechanic that uses good quality 5w30 oil lik liqui-moly. made a big difference with my engine when i made the switch.

change the oil for the first time at about 3000 miles.

try not to use 0w20.. get it done at a mechanic that uses good quality 5w30 oil lik liqui-moly. made a big difference with my engine when i made the switch.

GJ, when you say it made a big difference what do you mean? Did someone put on 0W-20 oil in your car?

GJ, when you say it made a big difference what do you mean? Did someone put on 0W-20 oil in your car?

These cars are specced for 0w20 oil which is what the shop used for the first couple oil changes. Never went back after switching to 5w30.

Really? Well my 2015 model was specced for 0w20, as is for many other owners out there so this is some info I thought I'd put out there.

The 2015 model has the Ford duratec 3.7L engine and what I've noticed mostly with Ford engines yes they use 0W20 oil and not the 5W30 that Mazda recommends - even my previous Ford Fusion Hybrid 2.0L engine and current Ford Escape 1.5L T uses same 0W20 grade

The 2015 model has the Ford duratec 3.7L engine and what I've noticed mostly with Ford engines yes they use 0W20 oil and not the 5W30 that Mazda recommends - even my previous Ford Fusion Hybrid 2.0L engine and current Ford Escape 1.5L T uses same 0W20 grade

First off, it's a Ford cyclone, the duratec is the older 3L engine.

Second, Ford doesn't make engines. The duratec 3L v6 is a Mazda K engine, the duratec 4 cylinders are a rebadged Mazda L engine, and the Ford cyclone 3.7L you're thinking about is a Mazda MZI engine. Ford owns rights to manufacture all these engines under their own name to make it look like those engines are theirs.

The ecoboost 3.5 is a Mazda MZI turned into a turbo engine by Ford. The ecoboost 2.3 is a Mazda MZR engine with fords own cylinder head and ECU. The Ford CD3 chassis is the Mazda 6 chassis and the CD4 is simply an evolution of that same chassis.

So yes, nearly all of fords car ride on a Mazda chassis and have a Mazda engine In it. Don't call it a "Ford" engine because Ford DID NOT make any of these engines.

Most cars used to run 5w30. Then they switched to 5w20, and now they use 0w20. It's just thinner oil to satisfy the strict CAFE regulations. It might only make a 0.2 mpg difference per car, but add that all up and each manufacturers (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) is improved considerably. In reality this thin oil increase drivetrain clatter and results in less hot-weather/aggressive driving protection. All these Mazda engines are an old design which means you can easily run 5w40 if you wanted to. I use 5w30 liqui moly (very good quality oil) with great results.

Mazda makes very good engine technology, andFord can't design anything which is why they partnered up. The new Mazda skyactiv engines are essentially the older design Mazda L engine with the new cylinder head, higher compression pistons, new exhaust manifold, direct injection etc. But this isn't a strike against Mazda in any way because their L engine was very futureproofed from the start, so with all these changes it continues to provide competitive fuel economy and is really a great sounding, nice revving motor.

First off, it's a Ford cyclone, the duratec is the older 3L engine.

Second, Ford doesn't make engines. The duratec 3L v6 is a Mazda K engine, the duratec 4 cylinders are a rebadged Mazda L engine, and the Ford cyclone 3.7L you're thinking about is a Mazda MZI engine. Ford owns rights to manufacture all these engines under their own name to make it look like those engines are theirs.

The ecoboost 3.5 is a Mazda MZI turned into a turbo engine by Ford. The ecoboost 2.3 is a Mazda MZR engine with fords own cylinder head and ECU. The Ford CD3 chassis is the Mazda 6 chassis and the CD4 is simply an evolution of that same chassis.

So yes, nearly all of fords car ride on a Mazda chassis and have a Mazda engine In it. Don't call it a "Ford" engine because Ford DID NOT make any of these engines.

Most cars used to run 5w30. Then they switched to 5w20, and now they use 0w20. It's just thinner oil to satisfy the strict CAFE regulations. It might only make a 0.2 mpg difference per car, but add that all up and each manufacturers (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) is improved considerably. In reality this thin oil increase drivetrain clatter and results in less hot-weather/aggressive driving protection. All these Mazda engines are an old design which means you can easily run 5w40 if you wanted to. I use 5w30 liqui moly (very good quality oil) with great results.

Mazda makes very good engine technology, andFord can't design anything which is why they partnered up. The new Mazda skyactiv engines are essentially the older design Mazda L engine with the new cylinder head, higher compression pistons, new exhaust manifold, direct injection etc. But this isn't a strike against Mazda in any way because their L engine was very futureproofed from the start, so with all these changes it continues to provide competitive fuel economy and is really a great sounding, nice revving motor.

my mistake on the Ford duratec engine...

Back