Door Edge Guards: Yea or Nay??

dulanypeters

:
Car Coming Soon!
I live in NYC and my 3 month old CX-9 in Machine Gray already has chips on the driver's side door edge, courtesy of the guys who park my car in the garage I overpay each month in order to park. It's stripped down to the metal. I am going to touch it up (have the paint) but am considering door edge trim guards.

I think

I fear they will look awful and destroy the car's stunning lines. BUT i'm sick of these jackasses banging my doors to shreds.

Has anybody added them? Will it look hideous? I suppose can try and see how it looks (and take photos).

The ones I'm considering are chrome, which would match the rest of chrome finishes.

you can get those PPFs for the door edge...its a sleeper and does prevent paint chips.

you can get those PPFs for the door edge...its a sleeper and does prevent paint chips.

Agreed. When having PPF (paint protection film) installed; I had them include door edges along with the cups behind the exterior door handles.

Unnoticeable and definitely protects from minor door edge impacts (and scratching from fingernails or rings when opening the door).

I considered these, but after a few months, I have found my CX-9 is a magnet for dings, rubs, etc...more so than any other car I have had. It's really weird. I park far away, in large slots, but I think the bottom line is people are rude AF and don't care. Rubbing compound has helped, but I just have to live with it.

Doesn't mazda ship them with a clear edge guard standard? I think mine has it.

These doors open WIDE. You double the width of the car by opening both doors up!

I love my door guards. My wife's Mazda 6 is next to mine in the garage - no more dings with the guards. Well worth it, and they match the Soul Red color.

Back