Thinking of Enkei RS05RR on CX-5

heytheresrich

:
Mazda CX-5
Hey All,

Wanted to ask the friendly experts if the available sizes for this wheel would fit on my upcoming CX-5 GT purchase.

http://enkei.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/rs05rr.pdf

There is a set locally for sale that are the 18x9.5 +22 coming from an lancer evo but I figured those would be too wide. If I wanted to go for a squared with fender look, stock suspension and no additional modifications, what size would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

CX-5%20%20RS05RR%206-thumb-460x345-377499.jpg

Note: The picture features 20" that's only found in Japan.

Compared to the OEM Pizza Cutter wheels, the new wheels will stick out 60mm further. That's gonna put you about 35mm past the fender. If you are lowered you are going to want some high performance dampers/springs to not rub. 8.5 width and et 40 will give a close to flush stance. You can use this to figure it out. www.willtheyfit.com Basically use the OEM wheel spec as existing: 225/55/19 ET 50 and whatever you want as the new. Basically anything within ~+30mm of the OEM "Poke" value will give you a flush appearance. For tire size just use the MM equivalent of the wheel width as the tire width and give it a conservative height like 40-50% (i.e 255(width of tire)/40(height of tire, as a % of the width)/18(diameter of wheel).

Basically the wider the wheel, the higher the offset value you will need to poke less. So 8.5" wheel will flush with a 40mm offset. a 9" wheel would need something higher; ~+45 et, and so on.
Your best bet off that list would be the 9" at 45 et for 5x114.3. Also the hub center bore is 67.1 so anything lower than that will have to be machined and probably not worth it.

Last edited:
Thank you! I wish users here were more involved on these types of threads vs 15 pages worth of cx5 vs X theeads that pop up weekly (dunno)

I have 9.25" wide wheels, but 36 offset. 28 is the problem, not the width. That number has to be bigger not lower.

Back