2017 Mazda CX5 - America's Best Crossover

If you own a 2016 or Older CX5 and were in the market now - would you buy a 17?

• I own an older CX5 and would buy a 17 or I own a 17 and am happy

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Would not buy a CX5 because need different segment car

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Would not buy a CX5, would buy a competitor

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I own a 17 and would not rebuy if I had to buy today

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would buy the Forester as it would be more fun for me to drive - it is still offered with a manual transmission, the reason I selected my '16 CX-5.

If you have the patience, wait for the new Forester. I drove the existing Forester XT and it is a very fun CUV to drive due to it's power, didn't get one though due to it's dated looks. The new model has been spotted in testing, and will surely improve in the existing Forester.

I honestly like the "older" body style. It's going to be very hard for me not to swap into one when (if?) I break even in my CX5 in a few years.

The new Forester is coming on the new platform everyone seems to like. We'll see, I could be swayed to buy again in 2020 if it says buy me.

The new Forester is coming on the new platform everyone seems to like. We'll see, I could be swayed to buy again in 2020 if it says buy me.

But it won't be a new motor is my bet, and the old platform is proven and can be had used in the 20s even loaded xt.

But it won't be a new motor is my bet, and the old platform is proven and can be had used in the 20s even loaded xt.

I had that choice and went cx-5. I don't care for the current forester. Like I said we'll see what it looks like in 2020 when I'm ready for new.

I was told by Mazda that they are going to use the calendar year for models. After 1/1/2018 they are considered to be 2018 models. (like Tesla !) But no changes for the CX5.

Back