I-ACTIVSENSE or Preferred Equipment package

Mocun

:
Mazda
Hello everyone,

I'm about to order my new CX-5 and I'm have one question, since I'm getting the touring model I can only choose ONE option package out of two. So my question is which package should I pick I-ACTIVSENSE or Preferred Equipment package,which one is more useful/Worth to get?

Thanks!!!

I opted for the preferred. I wasn't a fan of the lane assist. And I wanted some nice speakers.

Hello everyone,

I'm about to order my new CX-5 and I'm have one question, since I'm getting the touring model I can only choose ONE option package out of two. So my question is which package should I pick I-ACTIVSENSE or Preferred Equipment package,which one is more useful/Worth to get?

Thanks!!!
This's a question really has to be answered by yourself. Such as some people dislike the moonroof or power liftgate hence he may choose Touring i-ActivSense Package for $625.

For me, like Aznbagel I'd choose Preferred Equipment Package for $780 as I really want a little better sound quality and don't really care about LDW or MRCC.

Either way, you got to choose one of them as these options are absolute steal! :)

Almost impossible to find i-activesense, at least in NorCal, on the touring trim. Frustrating , because I really want adaptive cruise.

Definitely Preferred with those speakers, nav, moonroof and liftgate.

IMHO, a different perspective: I never use my current moonroof, you can upgrade the Nav separately, and dont care about the lift gate. And rumor has it the speakers arent that much better. On the other hand, love the safety stuff adaptive cruise and lane departure, but especially the high-speed braking. Had that on a recent high-end rental car and it saved my bacon.

I absolutely love adaptive cruise on my cx-5. I have the gt trim and its a godsend in heavy stop and go highway traffic. Usually I only open the sunroof slider to let in more light but rarely open it fully to let in air. The auto lifting tailgate is nice but in the end wouldnt trade iactive sense for anything

I absolutely love adaptive cruise on my cx-5. I have the gt trim and its a godsend in heavy stop and go highway traffic. Usually I only open the sunroof slider to let in more light but rarely open it fully to let in air. The auto lifting tailgate is nice but in the end wouldnt trade iactive sense for anything

Good to hear. Almost impossible to get it in Northern California on Touring, as I mentioned. The dealers, I’m told, all ordered Preferred Equipment Package since, I guess, it’s a pretty luxo crowd around here and they’d rather have speakers and a lift gate then the tech. Go figure.

Glad you got the G.T. I was pretty tempted. It is odd that on Touring, they make you order one package or the other – I guess they’re trying to push people to upgrade to G.T .

Finally found one, dealer confirming tomorrow. If so, should be driving it by Monday.

Good to hear. Almost impossible to get it in Northern California on Touring, as I mentioned. The dealers, I’m told, all ordered Preferred Equipment Package since, I guess, it’s a pretty luxo crowd around here and they’d rather have speakers and a lift gate then the tech. Go figure.

Glad you got the G.T. I was pretty tempted. It is odd that on Touring, they make you order one package or the other – I guess they’re trying to push people to upgrade to G.T .

Finally found one, dealer confirming tomorrow. If so, should be driving it by Monday.

Good luck on the one you found. If it didn't work out get a GT. I was in the same boat as you only looking for touring models with I-activesense but then figured I can stomach the extra little bit on the gt and glad I did. The nicer wheels, stylized led headlights/tails and everything else it's what made it worth it for me. When I've was looking at just the touring I was already in the mode of looking for better wheels (to replace the 17" rims) and even read a few threads on how to retrofit in the nicer headlight/taillights which in the end would have costed more and been more of a headache.

Back