2012 CX9 AWD Touring Dash light?

midwaymichael

:
2012 Mazda CX9 Touring. THe rest are all VW's!
So I have the "Power Train Malfunction/Reduced Power Warning" Light coming on and I have literally NO indications of problems. Temps are fine, no smells, no lack of power or engine anything (purrs like a Japanese kitten)?! Im used to VW's so By the time the light comes on, I've already noticed issues, but my CX9 has me confused. It's mostly on, not immediately on start up but after about 5 minutes, sometimes longer. will a regular OBD2 code reader help meor do I need to go to Mazda? Thanks in advance!!

Just to let you know that is not a misfire. When you have a misfire the check engine light or engine light will start flashing. It has happened to me twice. Two different ignition coils went bad and when it happens it usually is when you are trying to accelerate on an incline. You might have a different problem. I am wondering if the scanner would be able to pull a code for a wrench light? let me know what is the cause or outcome of your situation.

OK! I finally buckled and took her in for a proper diagnosis! and the issue is (Drum roll please..............................................................)
A faulty BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH!

Back