2013 CX-5 GPS SD CARD Model number?

mikediamond

:
2013 CX-5
Do you know the model # GPS SD Card for a 2013 Mazda CX-5 ?

The model number is not listed in the owner's manual.

Do you where you find this information?

Do you need a new card or the whole GPS module? The 2013-2015 worked differently than later years - you had to have install a card reader w/ maps card and signal processor package into a cubby.

Do you need a new card or the whole GPS module? The 2013-2015 worked differently than later years - you had to have install a card reader w/ maps card and signal processor package into a cubby.

Correct. If you have a LHD 2013-2015 with NAV, it will be installed into the cubby hole in the dash at the drivers left knee.

There are different part number cards based on the map data locations.

Correct. If you have a LHD 2013-2015 with NAV, it will be installed into the cubby hole in the dash at the drivers left knee.

There are different part number cards based on the map data locations.

Yes I have the navigation card reader installed to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. Do you know what card I should get?

Yes I have the navigation card reader installed to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. Do you know what card I should get?

So someone took the GPS card out or it was lost?

The last 4 digits of the card part number refers to the Year of maps UPDATE...

KD37-66-EZ1B is a part number that will work in yours if you want USA, Canada, Puerto Rico 2014 maps.

Kd37-66-EZ1 is the 2012 USA, Canada, Puerto Rico maps,

kd37-66-ez1C is the 2015 USA, Canada, Puerto Rico maps.

Here is an example... I am not making any recommendations for a particular seller, this is just an visual example to help. (band2)

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
So someone took the GPS card out or it was lost?

The last 4 digits of the card part number refers to the Year of maps UPDATE...

KD37-66-EZ1B is a part number that will work in yours if you want USA, Canada, Puerto Rico 2014 maps.

Kd37-66-EZ1 is the 2012 USA, Canada, Puerto Rico maps,

kd37-66-ez1C is the 2015 USA, Canada, Puerto Rico maps.

Here is an example... I am not making any recommendations for a particular seller, this is just an visual example to help. (band2)

Any particular reason why a BHP1 66 EZ1D would not work?

The card you listed will not work. That card is for the navTeq system used in the 2016 and up cx5

Make sense, thx.

Also, I never received a TomTom card when I purchased the car. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, were you successful in obtaining an SD Card from Mazda for free?

Make sense, thx.

Also, I never received a TomTom card when I purchased the car. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, were you successful in obtaining an SD Card from Mazda for free?
If you purchased the car NEW, yes you should have talked to your dealer... but that would have been 4 years ago...?

If you purchased the car NEW, yes you should have talked to your dealer... but that would have been 4 years ago...?

I'm sensing from your response, that:

1) the dealer is the person that you recommend that I speak with
2) after 4 years, it seems unlikely that the dealer will offer me a free TomTom SD card?

Am I correct?

Well if I was a rep at the dealer, the first question I would ask myself is "Why did you not say something about this for 4 years?"

I could see a decent dealer taking care of this for the first month... and a really good dealer taking care of something like this for the first 30-90 days after the sale.

However it would take an EXTRAORDINARY dealer wanting to fork out ~$100 of his money to goodwill a SD card to you 4 years post-sale.

Back