Auto Trans Replacement

rgomia

:
Mazda Protege5 2002
my p5 has a shot auto trans.. there's a 02 sedan I'd like to pick up for parts but the guy thinks it's a 1.8
could the 1.8 auto trans bolt up to the p5 or would I need to swap things over?

my p5 has a shot auto trans.. there's a 02 sedan I'd like to pick up for parts but the guy thinks it's a 1.8
could the 1.8 auto trans bolt up to the p5 or would I need to swap things over?

Maybe check to see if it's the 1.8? If it's an 02 I would think it only came in a 2.0!

The USDM were all 2.0 but you could get different engines in other countries. It will say under the hood if it is a 1.8, it's easy to tell by looking at it. Have him send a picture.

Thanks for the replies.
unfortunately the car's trans wasn't as 'good condition' as he said. need to hunt for parts again.. protege parts are hard to find in good condition here and ordering online isn't an option with shipping costs.

Thanks for the replies.
unfortunately the car's trans wasn't as 'good condition' as he said. need to hunt for parts again.. protege parts are hard to find in good condition here and ordering online isn't an option with shipping costs.
Where about are you? I was at wrecker this weekend and saw a bunch of autos ( which is funny as I want a few spare manuals lol ). I believe that were all priced at $119 or 129 cdn. I didn't pull any because I got distracted by a few 626 and 323 transmissions ( which I need to learn more about as they seem to have a speedo gear unlike my p5's but exact same bell housing ) and gearing may be different.

Might be worth your time to get some one to crate you one.

Where about are you? ....

He appears to be from Guam.... An island in the middle of the ocean.

Screenshot_2017-08-12-22-49-33.png

Where about are you? I was at wrecker this weekend and saw a bunch of autos ( which is funny as I want a few spare manuals lol ). I believe that were all priced at $119 or 129 cdn. I didn't pull any because I got distracted by a few 626 and 323 transmissions ( which I need to learn more about as they seem to have a speedo gear unlike my p5's but exact same bell housing ) and gearing may be different.

Might be worth your time to get some one to crate you one.

Have you looked into G-series transmissions?

Back