Backup camera trajectory lines mazda cx5 2017

:
Mazda cx5
Eurpean CX5 2017 backup camera has trajectory lines function , but not US. Are all US CX5s have no trajectory line guide or they start adding it to the second lets say batch.

Australian back up cameras in all Mazda models let alone the CX-5 don't have trajectory lines but fixed ones.

Last edited:
To be honest, I hardly pay attention to them. Swap you for drive away locking.

I do like the adjustable vents and we seem to get the glove box light carry over from the previous model.

I do like the adjustable vents and we seem to get the glove box light carry over from the previous model.
Never had trajectory lines, so don't know what I am missing [emoji16]

We get adjustable vents movement wise across all CX-5 vents but the centre vents can't be open or closed unlike the others

More and more we're finding out how Mazda North American Operations cutting corners for US customers. Backup camera with trajectory lines、integrated front/rear parking sensors、CD player、open/close adjustable center vents、glove compartment light、power folding outside mirrors、and more.

Since you're getting almost all available nice features on CX-5, is there a specific regulation in UK to prevent you getting this easy-to-implement drive-away lock?

Eurpean CX5 2017 backup camera has trajectory lines function , but not US. Are all US CX5s have no trajectory line guide or they start adding it to the second lets say batch.
Don't think we'll get trajectory lines on backup camera nor the integrated front and rear parking sensors any time soon unless Masahiro Moro has a change of his heart towards US customers.

⋯ Swap you for drive away locking.
So you can't do this Auto Lock/Unlock Function Setting Change Using Door-Lock Switch and choose function number 2 or 3?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_0170.PNGIMG_0171.PNGIMG_0172.PNG

Ok I can suck it up with missing physical component like power folding outside mirrors or CD-player that may cost more , but the trajectory lines are software thing and need an update why not to have it in US and other countries?.

Ok I can suck it up with missing physical component like power folding outside mirrors or CD-player that may cost more , but the trajectory lines are software thing and need an update why not to have it in US and other countries?.
Good question. Send your inquiry to Customer Experience Center Mazda North American Operations or even better send an email to Masahiro Moro for a better answer. :)

Nope; they are hardware. The camera itself overlays them. Requires extra inputs from sensors in the car.

So you can't do this Auto Lock/Unlock Function Setting Change Using Door-Lock Switch and choose function number 2 or 3?

No, thanks for going to the trouble of getting the info but our switch panels are completely different.

fullsizeoutput_16cf.jpg

Same on the passenger side (other way around of course)

IMG_3676.jpg

.....and there isn’t any options in the settings.....

IMG_3678.jpg

Incidentally, I had a look at the glove box light. Its the crudest thing but works a treat - just a bulb holder permanently wired to the side lights. Its on all the time by the looks of things.....

IMG_3677.jpg

I wonder if the US models are wired for it and just "no-loaded" the bulb, holder, and wire. If that's the case it may be possible to buy the parts and install one's self.

Good question. Send your inquiry to Customer Experience Center Mazda North American Operations or even better send an email to Masahiro Moro for a better answer. :)

So a guy from Bahrain should send inquiry to North American Operations?

I'm pretty sure mine has trajectory lines or something to that effect. If I think of it, I will take a picture next time I am in reverse.

Nothing at all. It adds zero.

Seems (iagree)

Disagree if they're dynamic. They're a nice feature. Having two static lines on the CX5 that don't move with the steering wheel is useless.

Most of the parking I do is not in parking spaces with lines but rather parallel parking and I am only concerned with not hitting the car parked behind me and leaving enough space so they don't hit me when they leave. Hence dynamic trajectory lines are of no use to me.

Seems (iagree)

Most of the parking I do is not in parking spaces with lines but rather parallel parking and I am only concerned with not hitting the car parked behind me and leaving enough space so they don't hit me when they leave. Hence dynamic trajectory lines are of no use to me.

Fair enough for your point of view. But I don't understand the reason for showing static straight lines. They're as useful as tits on a bull. If you're not going to show dynamic lines don't show anything at all. It's just visual pollution.

Fair enough for your point of view. But I don't understand the reason for showing static straight lines. They're as useful as tits on a bull. If you're not going to show dynamic lines don't show anything at all. It's just visual pollution.
Better to have something than nothing at all (uhm)

Back