About to Get CX-5 GT AWD, Looking for advice

Apparently they did bring back another option for 17. Originally, a separate one was offered for 16 and it wasn't listed at all for 17, but now there is one...with no picture.
I'll be interested to see what you get?

7th one down
That looks like the key fob I was gonna get on my 2015 Mazda 6....and they told me I'd have to carry both key fobs. Hope everything works out for the OP...

That looks like the key fob I was gonna get on my 2015 Mazda 6....and they told me I'd have to carry both key fobs. Hope everything works out for the OP...

Sounds like uncertainty across the board - 1 or 2 fobs, unable to make it work properly etc

The one I posted did mean you have to carry 2. It sounds like what Lynn is getting is entirely new for 18.

There are two Mazda options for remote start for the 2017 CX-5, MMS (Smart phone) and RES (fob). See the fifth post by me in this thread https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...remote-start&p=6522441&highlight=#post6522441 for a picture of the Fob that comes with RES. There are third-party fob systems with much longer range. My dealership offered a third-party option that did not void the warranty if it was installed at the dealer. I ended up getting the Mazda RES.

Never thought about the warranty aspect. Never of remote starts causing issues though.

The one I posted did mean you have to carry 2. It sounds like what Lynn is getting is entirely new for 18.
My cx5 is a 2017. The 2018 is not out and you can't even order one yet...We would have if possible. The 2018 won't be out until 2018 (just like the 2017 came out in spring 2017) Go figure!

Maybe Lynn can clarify this for us
Here's what they installed (but isn't the one they said they were installing...)

Sorry no link :(
sorry, I've given up. Spent an hour trying to figure it out. Even saw instructions and they are like a foreign language to me. Went to all the trouble of taking photos and thought I could share them easily. Drat!

sorry, I've given up. Spent an hour trying to figure it out. Even saw instructions and they are like a foreign language to me. Went to all the trouble of taking photos and thought I could share them easily. Drat!

Have sent you a message explaining how to do it. Have a read and I am sure you will be able to get it :D

Can you also post the name and version of it?
FYI - A different remote starter from what I was shown this am was installed so I can't tell you anything until they uninstall it & put correct one in. However, what the "right one" is remains to be seen as even the dealership seems confused, depending on who was talking. So I'll check back here on Thurs. Right now I'd bet the ranch they will tell me they made a mistake all along & I'll be stuck with this pos they installed today...(All of this was gone over before we made our decision to lease on Saturday)
The (wrong) one installed today says: PZ170-21021 MADE IN JAPAN. It has an antenna, is cheap-looking/feeling & in no way matches OEM key fob. (remember, this is the "New" remote starter for the 2017 CX5 - according to the guys who showed it to several of us this am. All were shocked needless to say..that's how ridiculous it looks..A joke is what all said..
I was told they would be installing remote into my OEM key fob.

FYI - A different remote starter from what I was shown this am was installed so I can't tell you anything until they uninstall it & put correct one in. However, what the "right one" is remains to be seen as even the dealership seems confused, depending on who was talking. So I'll check back here on Thurs. Right now I'd bet the ranch they will tell me they made a mistake all along & I'll be stuck with this pos they installed today...(All of this was gone over before we made our decision to lease on Saturday)
The (wrong) one installed today says: PZ170-21021 MADE IN JAPAN. It has an antenna, is cheap-looking/feeling & in no way matches OEM key fob. (remember, this is the "New" remote starter for the 2017 CX5 - according to the guys who showed it to several of us this am. All were shocked needless to say..that's how ridiculous it looks..A joke is what all said..
I was told they would be installing remote into my OEM key fob.

wrong forum? I have enough problems as it is, dontcha think? I'm a 65 year old lady..cut me some slack. What forum, if not this one? I think it's time to go cool off..

I have a STRONG feeling, the new one they're gonna install is the MMS... I too had to take my second key fob the day of install.

My cx5 is a 2017. The 2018 is not out and you can't even order one yet...We would have if possible. The 2018 won't be out until 2018 (just like the 2017 came out in spring 2017) Go figure!
I meant 17, of course.

Apparently they did bring back another option for 17. Originally, a separate one was offered for 16 and it wasn't listed at all for 17, but now there is one...with no picture.
I'll be interested to see what you get?

7th one down
If you click that link, the page is rendered showing 2017 CX-5 several places in the text, but if you look at the link text it's actually the 2016. If you go through the year/model selection process on that page you only get that remote starter if you choose 2016. If you choose 2017, it lists MMS and RES (the one without a picture), which is the one I described earlier.

wrong forum? I have enough problems as it is, dontcha think? I'm a 65 year old lady..cut me some slack. What forum, if not this one? I think it's time to go cool off..
I think the forum converted your parentheses-wrong-parentheses text string to an emoji.

I think the forum converted your parentheses-wrong-parentheses text string to an emoji.
lol - I'm not surprised. I'm so clueless in these forums but don't know what I'd do without them! Thankfully another member told me how to easily post a photo so about to try again! tks!

Maybe Lynn can clarify this for us

This is what they installed. It's NOT what they said they were installing. They said they were installing the remote wiring into my OEM fob. They DID show me this one and everyone in the service area laughed (me too) at it because it's so old school & cheap looking/feeling, but this is THE NEW ONE outside of getting the MMS. It appears I'm a bit stuck with it even though they told me to bring the car in tomorrow to undo it and give me what they were supposed to install. I spent the am today calling several dealerships, dealership parts dept and Mazda USA. No one could give a straight answer Except that there is NO 3rd option as I was told. This was from a dealer's parts dept guy who said the only way I can get a remote starter installed into my OEM key fob is if the dealer takes it to a 3rd party installer to do it for them, and it won't be easy as they then can't use whatever the car already has that they use with their MMS and the remote fob you see here. I said I would think an outside install would void the warranty & he said the 3rd party installer probably gives the dealership a ltd warranty. Really? Seriously? No one besides Mazda is touching my car at this point and why wouldn't they tell me this? I just don't know who to believe anymore....Here's what I got:
DSC_0208.jpg
P.S. Tks Xeler8ing!

This is what they installed. It's NOT what they said they were installing. They said they were installing the remote wiring into my OEM fob. They DID show me this one and everyone in the service area laughed (me too) at it because it's so old school & cheap looking/feeling, but this is THE NEW ONE outside of getting the MMS. It appears I'm a bit stuck with it even though they told me to bring the car in tomorrow to undo it and give me what they were supposed to install. I spent the am today calling several dealerships, dealership parts dept and Mazda USA. No one could give a straight answer Except that there is NO 3rd option as I was told. This was from a dealer's parts dept guy who said the only way I can get a remote starter installed into my OEM key fob is if the dealer takes it to a 3rd party installer to do it for them, and it won't be easy as they then can't use whatever the car already has that they use with their MMS and the remote fob you see here. I said I would think an outside install would void the warranty & he said the 3rd party installer probably gives the dealership a ltd warranty. Really? Seriously? No one besides Mazda is touching my car at this point and why wouldn't they tell me this? I just don't know who to believe anymore....Here's what I got:
DSC_0208.jpg
P.S. Tks Xeler8ing!
Wow. What's next? Car phones attached to the center console as "Bluetooth" capability?

Back