2013 & 2014 CX-5 Rear License Plate Bolts

mmitsch

I am trying to find replacement bolts for our 2013 CX-5 and 2014 CX-5 rear license plate. I attached pictures of the bolt I took out. I think this is the same as pictured as 88-6511 at http://www.licenseplatescrews.com/metric.html. Does anybody know if what comes with the car is an M6 X 20mm bolt as is pictured and if I can get 4~8 of them? I don't need 100.

Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 262
Our 2016's did not look like those.

as long as the thread pitch and gauge are correct, you can pick up some stainless steel ones from the local home improvement store. There is nothing that says you have to go through your dealer.

I did not take any pictures of the screws for our rear plate, but they did not look like that. Our rear plate screws were stainless steel, phillips, and about 3/4" long. The length was a bit overkill, but there was plenty of space in the rear hatch that it didn't matter.

If the head of the screw does not provide enough surface area to secure you plate, you can pick up and accompanying size (and metal type) washer to provide more surface area.

If need be, I can provide an "installed" picture as I added some clear silicone to the screws to help seal out moisture and prevent potential galvanic corrosion.

Go to Lowes with the bolt. They have drawers full of diff. sizes. They also have this peg board which you can screw this bolt into to find the right size.

I am trying to find replacement bolts for our 2013 CX-5 and 2014 CX-5 rear license plate. I attached pictures of the bolt I took out. I think this is the same as pictured as 88-6511 at http://www.licenseplatescrews.com/metric.html. Does anybody know if what comes with the car is an M6 X 20mm bolt as is pictured and if I can get 4~8 of them? I don't need 100.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike,
Want something a bit fancy looking? They come on different colours. Bought mine in red colour.
f2b9c5ffe08f32238c12a6dabbe01522.jpg

Latest posts

Back