2017~2024 Tire Pressure Sensor for 2017 CX-5 - $91.74 EACH!

So 31 isn’t probably low enough to trigger the light in either system. I agree with others if it just showed you it would be nice for monitoring and almost makes the extra cost worth it.

So 31 isn’t probably low enough to trigger the light in either system. I agree with others if it just showed you it would be nice for monitoring and almost makes the extra cost worth it.

I think many of them kick off at about 27. And my wife cannot feel when a rear tire gets down there. And in her defense, I suspect MOST people [none of US, of course] couldn't feel it either, at least on the rear. On the front, it's got to be obvious when you're 8 psi low, and long before!

Discrete readings would be a worthwhile enhancement.

I think many of them kick off at about 27. And my wife cannot feel when a rear tire gets down there. And in her defense, I suspect MOST people [none of US, of course] couldn't feel it either, at least on the rear. On the front, it's got to be obvious when you're 8 psi low, and long before!

Discrete readings would be a worthwhile enhancement.

It’s especially hard to notice as it happens gradually. I notice right away when I pick it up from the dealer and they’re all over inflated though! LOL higher inflation past a point starts to ruin handling actually.

It’s especially hard to notice as it happens gradually. I notice right away when I pick it up from the dealer and they’re all over inflated though! LOL higher inflation past a point starts to ruin handling actually.

I found my tires were at 44 PSi when I setup the Orange TPMS monitor. I could not tell by visual inspection.

I found my tires were at 44 PSi when I setup the Orange TPMS monitor. I could not tell by visual inspection.

Nobody can tell anything about inflation by visual inspection unless they are REALLY low.

Yea I can’t visually see that and neither can anyone else lol. I can feel it though when driving if it’s too high or too low.

Yea I cant visually see that and neither can anyone else lol. I can feel it though when driving if its too high or too low.[/fQUOTE]

And yet I can glance at my Orange TPMS monitor and know what my tire pressure is. 😁

Is the above TPMS sensor the same TPMS sensor being sold here at TireRack? Except for the print on the sensor itself, they look almost identical.

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail.jsp?ID=2210&autoMake=Mazda&autoModel=CX-5+AWD&autoYear=2017&autoModClar=Grand+Touring

I'm awaiting the arrival of my new 20" wheels/tires and need to figure out the TPMS issue. I'm keeping the existing OEM wheels/tires for Winter use, but don't want to remove their TPMS sensors.

Last edited:
Tire Pressure Sensor for 2017 CX-5 - $91.74 EACH!!!

Is the above TPMS sensor the same TPMS sensor being sold here at TireRack? Except for the print on the sensor itself, they look almost identical.

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail.jsp?ID=2210&autoMake=Mazda&autoModel=CX-5+AWD&autoYear=2017&autoModClar=Grand+Touring

I'm awaiting the arrival of my new 20" wheels/tires and need to figure out the TPMS issue. I'm keeping the existing OEM wheels/tires for Winter use, but don't want to remove their TPMS sensors.
Couldn't load the Tire Rack page via your link.

I believe Mazda's OEM TPMS pressure sensor is made in France by Pirelli. I'd contact Tire Rack making sure the TPMS pressure sensor they're selling on the page is truely compatible with Gen-2 Mazda CX-5 as it's not cheap.

Also make sure your aftermarket 20" wheels are designed to accept TPMS pressure sensor as it requires bigger space to mount. Some had claimed OEM wheels from Gen-1 CX-5 can't fit with TPMS sensor.

Couldn't load the Tire Rack page via your link.

I believe Mazda's OEM TPMS pressure sensor is made in France by Pirelli. I'd contact Tire Rack making sure the TPMS pressure sensor they're selling on the page is truely compatible with Gen-2 Mazda CX-5 as it's not cheap.

Also make sure your aftermarket 20" wheels are designed to accept TPMS pressure sensor as it requires bigger space to mount. Some had claimed OEM wheels from Gen-1 CX-5 can't fit with TPMS sensor.

The ones Tire Rack installed on my winter set worked without a hitch on our ‘17 CX-5. They’re Continental not Pirelli.

Thanks for the advice guys! Discount Tire wants $60/sensor, the OEMs are way expensive, so it looks like I'll buy the ones from Tire Rack. If for some reason they don't work, I'll try the Discount Tire alternative.

My 4 sensors from TireRack arrived today. Except for the numbering/lettering on the sensors, they're EXACTLY the same as the Mazda OEMs.

Last edited:

My 4 sensors from TireRack arrived today. Except for the numbering/lettering on the sensors, they're EXACTLY the same as the Mazda OEMs.
Do you mind to take some pictures of this Tire Rack sensor with model number?

I use a Papago Gosafe 760 dual dashcam and it can integrate with a Papago TPMS. The sensors are not valve type but I purchased it anyway. Less clutter for the pressure monitor.

Just installed my new wheels/tires with TPMS sensors from TireRack (obviously ordered the model of TPMS for my 17 CX5). Drove around a bit, seems to be working i.e. TPMS light has not come on or started blinking.

Just installed my new wheels/tires with TPMS sensors from TireRack (obviously ordered the model of TPMS for my 17 CX5). Drove around a bit, seems to be working i.e. TPMS light has not come on or started blinking.
It's been reported several times that the TPMS pressure sensor from TireRack will work for our CX-5. I was wondering what brand and model number of the TPMS sensor TireRack uses so that people can find correct aftermarket TPMS sensor easier if they need it.

It's been reported several times that the TPMS pressure sensor from TireRack will work for our CX-5. I was wondering what brand and model number of the TPMS sensor TireRack uses so that people can find correct aftermarket TPMS sensor easier if they need it.
Sir even if it works, AFAIK, our CX-5 is not equipped with individual tire monitor system. How will the individual pressure monitor give us an advantage over our current system?

Latest posts

Back