Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest Infotainment System Update

95 Miata, 14 CX5 Touring FWD, 18 CX9 GT FWD

Got a 2018 CX9 GT 2 weeks ago and it's running 59.00.504.

Music data base is: 00.07.000

Fail safe: 59.00.504

Registered Member

2016 cx9

Music data base is: 00.08.000

Registered Member

'16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

got both gracenote 8 and 504 loaded on my '16 GT; relatively easy update to do. Also, there was a maps update that was released February 1, 2018

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Bingoy View Post
    got both gracenote 8 and 504 loaded on my '16 GT; relatively easy update to do. Also, there was a maps update that was released February 1, 2018
    Did you lose the tachometer in the HUD with the 504?

Registered Member

'16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    Did you lose the tachometer in the HUD with the 504?
    the tach in the HUD has been gone ever since the first few updates to the CMU, the only way to have kept it was to have paired it with the memory seat control; Mazda said it was too distracting to the driver

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX9 Signature in machine gray

Quote Originally Posted by linxiabing View Post
    Music data base is: 00.08.000
    I have music database 00.07.000 -- otherwise known as Gracenote -- on my 2017 CX-9 Signature. I downloaded what I assume to be the latest music database update from the Mazda site -- the file is labeled "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" vs. a specific version number, which is a little frustrating, as one has to assume it's the latest version) -- but my system would not accept the update. I've tried various USB sticks -- formatted correctly -- with the same result. I read somewhere that when you update to the latest OS firmware (59.00.504) that it also automatically updates the music database. In this case, I updated to the latest OS yet my system still reads 00.07.000 for the music database. Puzzling.

Any ideas?

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX9 Signature in machine gray

Quote Originally Posted by mifanning View Post
    I have music database 00.07.000 -- otherwise known as Gracenote -- on my 2017 CX-9 Signature. I downloaded what I assume to be the latest music database update from the Mazda site -- the file is labeled "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" vs. a specific version number, which is a little frustrating, as one has to assume it's the latest version) -- but my system would not accept the update. I've tried various USB sticks -- formatted correctly -- with the same result. I read somewhere that when you update to the latest OS firmware (59.00.504) that it also automatically updates the music database. In this case, I updated to the latest OS yet my system still reads 00.07.000 for the music database. Puzzling.

Any ideas?
    I finally figured it out. Mazda updates Gracenote by region. It's most likely the same content but if you don't have the correct file for your region, the Mazda OS won't load the update. In my case, I had downloaded an update by the name "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" which was NOT for the United States. I finally found an update by the name "Gracenote_NA_October2017" and it loaded just fine. You have to be a little patient as the update appears to hang toward the end of the process. Now I have Gracenote version 00.08.000.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 GT

I donít understand why they wonít allow the tach? Why the late change in mind? In my opinion, the tach should come on when the car is in sports mode.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 GT

I finally figured it out. Mazda updates Gracenote by region. It's most likely the same content but if you don't have the correct file for your region, the Mazda OS won't load the update. In my case, I had downloaded an update by the name "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" which was NOT for the United States. I finally found an update by the name "Gracenote_NA_October2017" and it loaded just fine. You have to be a little patient as the update appears to hang toward the end of the process. Now I have Gracenote version 00.08.000.
    Thanks for the info, mines kept failing to update and couldn't figure out why since I was downloading from Mazda website and kept downloading "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up". After your post and googled and found link to "Gracenote_NA_October2017" and this version installed fine.

Registered Member

CX-9 Signature

Latest Infotainment System Update

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I don’t understand why they won’t allow the tach? Why the late change in mind? In my opinion, the tach should come on when the car is in sports mode.
    I agree. I don’t want it on all the time but did use it when in sport/manual shift mode. Was easier to see RPM in HUD rather than looking down.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Thanks! Such a simple thing, I wish I had noticed this too. Seems Mazda still has the wrong link on their own site for the North American Gracenote update. However, the NA update is hosted on the same server so we just need to manually fix the link.

ADR is for Australia/NZ/Thailand/Philippines/South Africa-America/Oceania
    NA is for North America, USA, Canada, Mexico ONLY

ADR Link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/visteon/pub...October2017.up
    NA Link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/visteon/pub...October2017.up

2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Hello All...my apologies if it was stated previously in this thread but can someone give step-by-step instructions on how to update? I have a 2017 CX-9 GT and don't know if it has the latest firmware installed
    2017 CX-9 Grand Touring Machine Grey
    Mazda Mobile Start (MMS)
    SunTek clear PPF (partial hood, fenders, headlights, bumper, side mirrors & door cups)
    OEM all-weather mats
    OEM splash guards
    iJDMtoy 24W High Power Amber 7440 W21W T20 (no resistor) LED rear turn signal lights
    iJDMtoy 50W CREE T10 LED Backup Reverse Lights 921

Matching factory tint on driver and passenger windows

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bry4926 View Post
    Hello All...my apologies if it was stated previously in this thread but can someone give step-by-step instructions on how to update? I have a 2017 CX-9 GT and don't know if it has the latest firmware installed
    Instructions are here

2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by greggmischenko View Post
    Thanks...are any of the "extras" worth getting?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bry4926 View Post
    Thanks...are any of the "extras" worth getting?
    What do you mean by "extras"?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast