Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!

Thread: Latest Infotainment System Update

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

Latest Infotainment System Update

Hey Guys!

I drive a 2016 Mazda CX-9 GT. I love everything about the car, but there was one issue that was making me nuts, which was the constant infotainment reboots. I was averaging 2 to 3 reboots a week at very inopportune times. Definitely annoying! The version prior to the update was:

OS Version 59.00.441 NA N
    Music Database Version 00.70.000
    Fail-Safe Version is 59.00.441

When I last brought my car into Mazda for service I asked them to update the system to the latest version:

OS Version 59.00.502 NA N
    Music Database Version 00.70.000
    Fail-Safe Version is 59.00.502

I have been driving the car for at least 3 weeks and I haven't had a single reboot. I'm confident had I not updated, my system would've rebooted 6 times minimum by now.

So in conclusion, if your infotainment system is compatible with this version (502) I would highly recommend updating if you also have been dealing with constant reboots. This latest version definitely seems to be the most stable.

Good luck!

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-9 GT

I also got the latest update - only because after my 5K service, my backup camera stopped working. I restarted multiple times to no avail. I drove back to the dealer and the tech suggested I upgrade the version. All is fine now, tech says it fixed bugs, enhanced stability and boots faster (not sure if I agree with the latter)...

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

Just a quick update! It's been a month and a half since installing to the latest version. In that time I've experienced zero reboots!

Quite pleased.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by stu788 View Post
    Just a quick update! It's been a month and a half since installing to the latest version. In that time I've experienced zero reboots!

Quite pleased.
    Good to know...thanks for the update!

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

I just updated mine myself yesterday from 441 to 502 due to a few issues/quirks and reboot issues. It does seem a bit quicker to boot up and all of the prior issues seem to be gone but a new issue arose: blind spot monitoring is no longer working. I tried resetting individual settings, default all settings, and rebooted several times with no change. Anyone else having this issue and know if a fix? I've only had the car a week so I would hate to have to schedule service already.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by greggmischenko View Post
    I just updated mine myself yesterday from 441 to 502 due to a few issues/quirks and reboot issues. It does seem a bit quicker to boot up and all of the prior issues seem to be gone but a new issue arose: blind spot monitoring is no longer working. I tried resetting individual settings, default all settings, and rebooted several times with no change. Anyone else having this issue and know if a fix? I've only had the car a week so I would hate to have to schedule service already.
    Update: blind spot monitoring is working, but it works differently now. It only alerts me (lights up) if someone is approaching from behind and moves into my blind spot. It no longer lights up if I pass a vehicle and then it moves into my blind spot.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by greggmischenko View Post
    Update: blind spot monitoring is working, but it works differently now. It only alerts me (lights up) if someone is approaching from behind and moves into my blind spot. It no longer lights up if I pass a vehicle and then it moves into my blind spot.
    Isn't that always how it worked? When I was taking a test drive, the salesman told me it lit up only when someone was approaching from behind.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT Soul Red

Isn't that always how it worked? When I was taking a test drive, the salesman told me it lit up only when someone was approaching from behind.
    That's how the new Advanced BSM works. It detects vehicles coming from behind on both sides, and will only indicate vehicles you are passing if the speed difference is only a couple MPH between the 2 vehicles. Takes some getting used to... I prefer the old method myself.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-9 GT

Yes, that how it's supposed to work. A bit weird...

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Another glitch that was present in 441 that I thought was gone with 502 but it happened for the first time today after having upgraded last week: sometimes when disabling/turning off traction control (using TCS swtich) it actually turns off the Lane-Keep Assist (LAS). When I press the TCS button again the LAS is reactivated.