08' CX-9 Tranny issue HELP PLEASE

vtpittsburg

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 GT
I have a check engine light on and after running the code reader I get back P0733 (Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio). After looking into the issue found that this could be caused by the Shift Solenoid, so I replaced both got everything back together cleared the code from the computer and went for a drive, the issue remained unchanged. So now the trans has fresh fluid and two new shift solenoids. I read that the issue could also possibly be caused by the PCM, faulty transmission control module, damage, mechanical failure, and so on. Has anyone else had this problem? I am pretty sure if I take it somewhere for them to tell me that trans needs replaced I'm rolling it off a cliff.

I dont understand why you didnt just replace all the solenoids?

could you describe with as much detail as possible what happens while the transmission is shifting through the gears?

most likely it is a PCM error. (unless one of the old solenoids you havent replaced is causing the issue) what is the mileage on the car?

If it's in drive it will shift 1 to 2 then when going to 3rd it revs high and then goes into gear. If it's in manual it goes 1, 2, and then as soon as i put it in 3rd if I don't ease all the way off the gas it revs high then finally hits third and while in third if you give it any more gas at all the rpm shoots up. I haven't noticed any issue with 4-6. I replaced both shift solenoids. mileage is about 120000

You need a transmission rebuild. Look for a transmission specialty shop.

Back