OEM Spare tire size

:
'02 Mazda Protege5
My P5 didn't come with a spare tire when I bought it. does anyone know the exact size for the spare tire/rim? will other years fit this car? (like later mazda3 years, other protege years, etc) they're hard to find on eBay for this specific year (2002)

I'm gonna just go ahead and guess it's the same size as the wheels you have on now but is a steel

well yeah lol but the tire is a different size and I don't know what other models match the same off set and bolt pattern. I want to say all later proteges and early mazda 3's might be an exact match if I but the spare from one of those years but not sure.

The spare tire is really small and kind of a joke.
They're not even legal on the highway.
You should always try to install them on the rear of the car if you need to use it... Swap out a front tire if you have to.

IMG_20170806_143804.jpg

IMG_20170806_143813.jpg

A full size tire won't fit in the space under the floor mat in the trunk area.

Hmm well maybe I should double check mine cause I could have sworn mine was a full!

All 5 lug Mazda cars use the same 5x114.3 bolt pattern. A car that has 16s from the factory should have the same size spare as the P5. I got one from a Mazda 3 sedan for my P5 at the junkyard.

Back