Japanese vs U.S. part numbers

terrywood23

:
mazda, familia (AKA: protege 5)
I have a right drive 2003 Mazda Familia which is the U.S. Protege5. I am in Okinawa Japan and parts are STUPID EXPENSIVE here (ie: $706 for a freaking CV Axle, $260 for the upper motor mount, and $375 per lower control arm!!!!!!!!!!!).

I am looking to order parts from O'reilly Auto Parts or other online parts store but I don't want to order the wrong/incompatible stuff.

Does anyone know if the following parts are the same on both models? I listed them with the Japanese part numbers. The Japanese VIN is: BJFW-300349.

CV AXLE (L): FA52-25-60XC
CV AXLE (R): FA53-25-50XA
WHEEL BEARING: B455-33-047D
LOWER CONTROL ARM (L): B28V-34-350B
LOWER CONTROL ARM (R): B28V-34-300B
TIE ROD ENDS: B25D-32-280A

MOTOR MOUNT (UPPER RIGHT): B25E-39-060A or BJQN39-06YE
MOTOR/TRANSMISSION MOUNT (FRONT LOWER): B25E-39-050A

I am also looking for the solid spline shaft and bearing mount that connects from the CV Axle (R) to the transmission.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction for answers?

https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com

I usually use this but idk abut jdm parts. I would think that all the parts are interchangeable but I don't know

Thanks. I'm thinking about just comparing sizing specs (length etc.) for the parts I need an rolling the dice.

Once it is the 2.0L most of the parts are interchangeable

Are you talking just the motor of the 2.0L car model? Is this opinion or do you actually have knowledge of the two model comparisons? Just trying to get a frame of reference before jumping off with several hundred buck of parts.

I am also looking for the solid spline shaft and bearing mount that connects from the CV Axle (R) to the transmission.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction for answers?

That part is called the joint shaft.

Screenshot_2017-08-11-08-01-27.png

I don't know whether or not the parts are the same or how much difference there would be with a right hand drive.

I think you've got a really good chance of the parts being the same.

I do know that all P5's were 100% built in Japan.... Probably at the same factory as your model, so that should increase your chances as well.

I think it's worth the gamble to order the parts from the US...
I'm sure you can return the parts for a refund if they don't fit but you'll probably be out the shipping cost. (which I'm sure is expensive)

MOTOR MOUNT (UPPER RIGHT): B25E-39-060A or BJQN39-06YE

You mentioned two part numbers for the upper right motor mount... They may not be the same.

The pins that go through the mount are different lengths for the automatic and standard transmission and the mount is offset a bit.

If you buy the mount with pin installed, both types should fit either car but most aftermarket mounts don't come with the pin... You are expected to install your old pin in the new mount.

Screenshot_2017-08-11-14-06-32.png

OEM parts are expensive, I would recommend rock auto all the way. I'm sure you can get aftermarket replacement parts in Japan as well.

That part is called the joint shaft.

I don't know whether or not the parts are the same or how much difference there would be with a right hand drive.

I think you've got a really good chance of the parts being the same.

I do know that all P5's were 100% built in Japan.... Probably at the same factory as your model, so that should increase your chances as well.

I think it's worth the gamble to order the parts from the US...
I'm sure you can return the parts for a refund if they don't fit but you'll probably be out the shipping cost. (which I'm sure is expensive)

Looking at all the diagrams, it looks like they are the same. I'm currently looking at all the return policies for different websites to see which one to start buying from. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

I found this for you...

The control arm looks to be the same...

Thanks!

You mentioned two part numbers for the upper right motor mount... They may not be the same.

The pins that go through the mount are different lengths for the automatic and standard transmission and the mount is offset a bit.

If you buy the mount with pin installed, both types should fit either car but most aftermarket mounts don't come with the pin... You are expected to install your old pin in the new mount.

Good to know. Thank you!!!!!

Well, I took the chance and found that parts are the same between the Familia and the P5. I have replaced both CV axles, Upper Right motor mount, Lower front transmission mount, both tie rod ends, and both sway bar links. All have been compatible.

Back