Show your support and Donate!
Show your support and Donate!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Japanese vs U.S. part numbers

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    mazda, familia (AKA: protege 5)

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    11

    Japanese vs U.S. part numbers

    I have a right drive 2003 Mazda Familia which is the U.S. Protege5. I am in Okinawa Japan and parts are STUPID EXPENSIVE here (ie: $706 for a freaking CV Axle, $260 for the upper motor mount, and $375 per lower control arm!!!!!!!!!!!).

    I am looking to order parts from O'reilly Auto Parts or other online parts store but I don't want to order the wrong/incompatible stuff.

    Does anyone know if the following parts are the same on both models? I listed them with the Japanese part numbers. The Japanese VIN is: BJFW-300349.

    CV AXLE (L): FA52-25-60XC
    CV AXLE (R): FA53-25-50XA
    WHEEL BEARING: B455-33-047D
    LOWER CONTROL ARM (L): B28V-34-350B
    LOWER CONTROL ARM (R): B28V-34-300B
    TIE ROD ENDS: B25D-32-280A

    MOTOR MOUNT (UPPER RIGHT): B25E-39-060A or BJQN39-06YE
    MOTOR/TRANSMISSION MOUNT (FRONT LOWER): B25E-39-050A

    I am also looking for the solid spline shaft and bearing mount that connects from the CV Axle (R) to the transmission.

    Can anyone point me in the correct direction for answers?

  2. #2
    Registered Member Corphish's Avatar

    83 RX-7 Gsl, 2000 Mazda Protege LX, 2011 Mazda3 Sport i

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Baldwin, WI
    Posts
    255
    https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com

    I usually use this but idk abut jdm parts. I would think that all the parts are interchangeable but I don't know

  3. #3
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    13
    Once it is the 2.0L most of the parts are interchangeable

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    mazda, familia (AKA: protege 5)

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Corphish View Post
    https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com

    I usually use this but idk abut jdm parts. I would think that all the parts are interchangeable but I don't know
    Thanks. I'm thinking about just comparing sizing specs (length etc.) for the parts I need an rolling the dice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Deadboy View Post
    Once it is the 2.0L most of the parts are interchangeable
    Are you talking just the motor of the 2.0L car model? Is this opinion or do you actually have knowledge of the two model comparisons? Just trying to get a frame of reference before jumping off with several hundred buck of parts.

  5. #5
    The Diagram Dude pcb's Avatar

    2002 mazda protege 5

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by terrywood23 View Post

    I am also looking for the solid spline shaft and bearing mount that connects from the CV Axle (R) to the transmission.

    Can anyone point me in the correct direction for answers?
    That part is called the joint shaft.



    I don't know whether or not the parts are the same or how much difference there would be with a right hand drive.

    I think you've got a really good chance of the parts being the same.

    I do know that all P5's were 100% built in Japan.... Probably at the same factory as your model, so that should increase your chances as well.

    I think it's worth the gamble to order the parts from the US...
    I'm sure you can return the parts for a refund if they don't fit but you'll probably be out the shipping cost. (which I'm sure is expensive)
    The Diagram Dude

  6. #6
    The Diagram Dude pcb's Avatar

    2002 mazda protege 5

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,378
    I found this for you...

    The control arm looks to be the same...

    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #7
    The Diagram Dude pcb's Avatar

    2002 mazda protege 5

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by terrywood23 View Post
    MOTOR MOUNT (UPPER RIGHT): B25E-39-060A or BJQN39-06YE
    You mentioned two part numbers for the upper right motor mount... They may not be the same.

    The pins that go through the mount are different lengths for the automatic and standard transmission and the mount is offset a bit.

    If you buy the mount with pin installed, both types should fit either car but most aftermarket mounts don't come with the pin... You are expected to install your old pin in the new mount.



    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #8
    Certified Mazda Tech hornsfan10609's Avatar

    2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    8,111
    OEM parts are expensive, I would recommend rock auto all the way. I'm sure you can get aftermarket replacement parts in Japan as well.
    Mod List. "Jinba Ittai"

    2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1345 Purchased 7/20/10
    2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1574 Purchased 10/25/14

    2009 Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #5998 12.9@110
    2002 Red Protege5 RIP:4/25/10

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    mazda, familia (AKA: protege 5)

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post
    That part is called the joint shaft.

    I don't know whether or not the parts are the same or how much difference there would be with a right hand drive.

    I think you've got a really good chance of the parts being the same.

    I do know that all P5's were 100% built in Japan.... Probably at the same factory as your model, so that should increase your chances as well.

    I think it's worth the gamble to order the parts from the US...
    I'm sure you can return the parts for a refund if they don't fit but you'll probably be out the shipping cost. (which I'm sure is expensive)
    Looking at all the diagrams, it looks like they are the same. I'm currently looking at all the return policies for different websites to see which one to start buying from. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post
    I found this for you...

    The control arm looks to be the same...
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post
    You mentioned two part numbers for the upper right motor mount... They may not be the same.

    The pins that go through the mount are different lengths for the automatic and standard transmission and the mount is offset a bit.

    If you buy the mount with pin installed, both types should fit either car but most aftermarket mounts don't come with the pin... You are expected to install your old pin in the new mount.
    Good to know. Thank you!!!!!

  10. #10
    Registered Member

    mazda, familia (AKA: protege 5)

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    11
    Well, I took the chance and found that parts are the same between the Familia and the P5. I have replaced both CV axles, Upper Right motor mount, Lower front transmission mount, both tie rod ends, and both sway bar links. All have been compatible.

Similar Threads

  1. Part Numbers
    By FLAMSP in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM
  2. Need OEM part numbers
    By Matt V in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 03:23 PM
  3. PART Numbers
    By meicalnissyen in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 10:28 PM
  4. Part Numbers
    By protege02 in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 02:42 AM
  5. Anyone know the part numbers for...
    By Dragon_Reborn in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 04:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •