Memory Seat Problem

This is not a thing. You can't "set multiple settings to the fob". If you program the fob to memory 1, seat moves to memory 1 position on unlock and door open. If you then program that same fob to memory 2, that replaces the prior programming.

This is correct. You can basically have 4 different memory positions. 2 using the 2 buttons by the driver seat and a different 2, one for each of the 2 key fobs. See page 2-8 of the owner manual. Here is the note: NOTE
 Individual seat positions can be
programmed to the two available
programming buttons on the side of the
driver's seat, plus one seat position for
each registered key.

Can't find in the manual how many "registered key" the CX9 can support but it is at least 2 and if more registered keys are supported, may be more seat memory positions that can be programmed.

This is they key point : plus one seat position for each registered key.

As in one memory seat for each key. AFAIK you aren't able to program multiple settings into one key.

Well - its clear that the FOB on the CX-9 is not linked to the memory settings on the seat - i have tried this. So technically, you have four settings - Mem1/Mem2 on the seat, and FOB1/FOB2 which are all different from each other.

Regarding my problem - i got a call from my service guy yesterday -
According to him, the issue is happening because after i save the setting, i should not try and move the seat again (specifically, pressing the button to move it down). He says the motor tries to move the seat, but as it is already on its lowest position, it loses the callibration when it is powered up on pushing the button and thus the problem has been happening.
He has asked me to save the setting now - and not to touch the button and observe.
So i shall do that and see if the problem still persists.

Well - its clear that the FOB on the CX-9 is not linked to the memory settings on the seat - i have tried this. So technically, you have four settings - Mem1/Mem2 on the seat, and FOB1/FOB2 which are all different from each other.

Yes it is (unless your country doesn't have this):

Capture.jpg

Here is the a downloadable version of the entire manual:

2017 Mazda CX-9 Owners Manual

Regarding my problem - i got a call from my service guy yesterday -
According to him, the issue is happening because after i save the setting, i should not try and move the seat again (specifically, pressing the button to move it down). He says the motor tries to move the seat, but as it is already on its lowest position, it loses the callibration when it is powered up on pushing the button and thus the problem has been happening.
He has asked me to save the setting now - and not to touch the button and observe.
So i shall do that and see if the problem still persists.

Maybe. See how it goes

So the solution that the mazda guy gave me has worked so far. It is retaining the memory - and no issues happening. But my concern is - if it 'forgets' the seat setting on moving the seat - then whats the memory for anyways?

So the solution that the mazda guy gave me has worked so far. It is retaining the memory - and no issues happening. But my concern is - if it 'forgets' the seat setting on moving the seat - then whats the memory for anyways?
If it forgets then it's your vehicle that has problem. All I can tell you is in over 2 years of ownership, my Mazda 6 has not once forgotten a memory setting be it on the seat or using the key fobs.

Back