Audio schematics and info for 2017 CX-5 Non-Bose 6 speaker version (EU with DAB+)

:
Mazda CX-5 2017, TS+ Automatic with iSense package
I just ordered a new Mazda CX-5 Skyactiv-G TS+ with the i-activesense pack. Didn't like the sound of the Bose speakers system so i opted for this version instead of the skylease gt, figuring i would upgrade the 6 speaker system that it comes with myself, as i have done with my previous cars.

So now i am looking for any and all information i can find about the audio system and speakers. Most diagrams and info i find are for the older version with the large screen in the dash instead of the touchscreen on top of it.
Those diagrams show that there's an amplifier in the footwell of the passengers side ? Or is that just the bose version

I would like to find a 4 channel line-out if possible, or the 4 amplified speaker signals if not. Anyone here that has some info on that ?

I'd be curious to find out myself. If the infotainment system sends signal out line-level vice speaker level, that opens up options for external processing.

Zapco's DSP-V looks like it would absolutely fit the bill if that were the case.

the parts catalog shows the amplifier is under the passenger seat in the KF CX-5, for the bose models... I can't find any reference to an amplifier for non-bose models

I would like to find a 4 channel line-out if possible, or the 4 amplified speaker signals if not. Anyone here that has some info on that ?
When Mazda decided to use a separate tablet screen loosing the standard double-DIN opening for aftermarket headunit, we lost the possibility of getting an aftermarket headunit. For non-Bose 6-speaker factory audio system, the amp is within headunit behind the dash, and there's no line outputs as you'd wished. Sorry not much you can do as far as upgrade wise other than getting better speakers. Yeah you may try to hook up speaker wires to an additional amp, but that's another risky business getting into an unknown.

When Mazda decided to use a separate tablet screen loosing the standard double-DIN opening for aftermarket headunit, we lost the possibility of getting an aftermarket headunit. For non-Bose 6-speaker factory audio system, the amp is within headunit behind the dash, and there's no line outputs as you'd wished. Sorry not much you can do as far as upgrade wise other than getting better speakers. Yeah you may try to hook up speaker wires to an additional amp, but that's another risky business getting into an unknown.

All hope is not lost. Systems like that are why JL made something like this:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698100/JL-Audio-FiX-82.html

Using a calibration file, it'll remove any DSP effects that the head unit and amp would provide, then outputs what they claim to be a truly flat signal in either a 2-channel analog or TOSLink for further use. If you remember their Cleansweep, think of this as an upgraded version of that. There's also the Fix-86 for those who don't need extra signal processing and want independent RCA outs for Front, Rear, and Sub. I'd say having a professional installer put in one of those Fix-82 units with a JL Twk-D8 at the factory amp, then using your own amplifier(s) from the D8 downstream might be the way to go.

I'm not so sure the amplification is done in the head unit.. There is a separate unit attached to the side at the passengers footwell. So far i have not been able to find any information on it though..

Back