AIC's build thread

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I'll post mods/upgrades/repairs/random pictures here, so I don't kill another thread.

starting off, I got the three following codes:

P0302 missfire cyl 2
P0704 Clutch switch failure
P0660 Secondary Shutter Valve Open

I have plugs and wires coming, as well as a new switch for the clutch. Not sure what to do with that last one.

Short list of things I want to do to my MSP over the coming weeks/months. Not in any specific order, other than what came to mind as I was typing it up. I'll update as I get stuff done, and think of more stuff to do:

Replace brake reservoir cap
Replace coolant overflow bottle
Replace brakes
Replace shocks
Replace shock mounts
New Tires
Alignment
New Motor mounts
Clear coat repair
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires/coils
Flush brake fluid
Replace power steering pump
Intake upgrades
Blow off valve?
Clutch pedal sensor
VICS/VTCS solenoid replace/repair
replace/repair side mirrors

My ever growing list of repairs and modifications...

4ZFAdPP.jpg

Lowering springs came in, so 3 corners done. Need to finish up the last one tomorrow or the next day, have a few other small things to do, and then I can start driving it, and then start working on cosmetic issues. Super excited to be further along on this project. Very satisfying.

I finally got all 4 wheels on the ground, and was able to take it for a test drive last night. and... wow, its quick. MUCH faster than it was before I did any work on it. I knew it had a misfire, and the variable intake's solenoid was bad, so I swapped those out, and completely different car than it was. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed with how slow it was. Not anymore!

Back