2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

Well said! Love the Durango. I accidentally missed it from my list. Probably the best driving 3 row crossover.

It's a 7-year-old design so it trails the latest-gen competition in certain areas, but still a decent choice IMHO. And TONS of volume behind the 2nd row. Not sure I'd be willing to give that volume up with the CX-9..... but maybe.

Dude, your are so stupid it hurts. Okay... let’s break this down

The BMW is:
-faster
-more efficient
-more reliable
-handles far better
-safer (what the **** are safety features gonna do for you if the Durango is not a safe car?)
- the Durango is not a new design, so if you want to feel better about buying a brand new car why don’t you buy something that was freshly redesigned like a CX-9?

you average consumers are stupid as **** and precisely the reason why Mazda doesn’t get the sales you would deserve.... because all of you would rather buy a Dodge Durango because it has a safety feature over actual quality Japanese and German vehicles. The Durango gets the fuel economy of a truck and gets smoked in a straight line by my 4 cylinder Mazda 6. There are so many choices out there and you retards are sitting here circle jerking over a truck made by a company that files for bankruptcy ahd gets bailed out by the government every 5 Years.

I'm glad you are passionate about the topic but slamming other users is not necessary

Brand new car, or 7 year old BMW with 7 year old tech and safety equipment? (uhm) Great advice! (wtf)

I second that notion.

I wouldnt touch an out of warranty BMW with a ten ft poll. I guess that depends on how much money you have to waste on your daily driver. Theres a reason X5s depreciate at an alarming rate. Worth pennies on the dollar after just a few years.

It's a 7-year-old design so it trails the latest-gen competition in certain areas, but still a decent choice IMHO. And TONS of volume behind the 2nd row. Not sure I'd be willing to give that volume up with the CX-9..... but maybe.
I am sure a new Durango will be coming in 500lb lighter and RWD. I would be interested for sure!

Any german car resale value drops like a brick after warranty expires. Good time to snag one and get an extended warranty.

I second that notion.

I wouldnt touch an out of warranty BMW with a ten ft poll. I guess that depends on how much money you have to waste on your daily driver. Theres a reason X5s depreciate at an alarming rate. Worth pennies on the dollar after just a few years.

Some German cars have a good resale value. Like before 2011 it was good. The engine is solid and the car lasts, theres nothing wrong with it as a car.

Dude, your are so stupid it hurts. Okay... lets break this down

The BMW is:
-faster
-more efficient
-more reliable
-handles far better
-safer (what the **** are safety features gonna do for you if the Durango is not a safe car?)
- the Durango is not a new design, so if you want to feel better about buying a brand new car why dont you buy something that was freshly redesigned like a CX-9?

you average consumers are stupid as **** and precisely the reason why Mazda doesnt get the sales you would deserve.... because all of you would rather buy a Dodge Durango because it has a safety feature over actual quality Japanese and German vehicles. The Durango gets the fuel economy of a truck and gets smoked in a straight line by my 4 cylinder Mazda 6. There are so many choices out there and you retards are sitting here circle jerking over a truck made by a company that files for bankruptcy ahd gets bailed out by the government every 5 Years.

Can a moderator ban this user please?

Dude, your are so stupid it hurts. Okay... lets break this down

The BMW is:
-faster
-more efficient
-more reliable
-handles far better
- the Durango is not a new design, so if you want to feel better about buying a brand new car why dont you buy something that was freshly redesigned like a CX-9?

you average consumers are stupid as **** and precisely the reason why Mazda doesnt get the sales you would deserve.... because all of you would rather buy a Dodge Durango because it has a safety feature over actual quality Japanese and German vehicles. The Durango gets the fuel economy of a truck and gets smoked in a straight line by my 4 cylinder Mazda 6. There are so many choices out there and you retards are sitting here circle jerking over a truck made by a company that files for bankruptcy ahd gets bailed out by the government every 5 Years.

I guess we know where the "Molestor" part of his screen name comes from now.

The user had already been penalized, but I went ahead and deleted the post thanks.

I can see the appeal of the Durango. The old-school low-tech V8 RWD muscle truck but with modern amenities. If you don't do tons of miles I guess fuel economy wouldn't be high on your list. I'd never buy one, but I can see the appeal. Personally I'd rather have the real deal circa 1965-1975 if I'm going that route.

I can see the appeal of the Durango. The old-school low-tech V8 RWD muscle truck but with modern amenities. If you don't do tons of miles I guess fuel economy wouldn't be high on your list. I'd never buy one, but I can see the appeal. Personally I'd rather have the real deal circa 1965-1975 if I'm going that route.

I guess you didn't realize most of them have a modern V-6 and ZF 8-speed automatic providing class competitive performance and fuel economy.

I'm not saying it's the best 3-row crossover out there or even that I'd buy another one, just dispelling misinformation.

If driving dynamics is higher on your list of priorities and cargo volume lower, than clearly the CX-9 is your crossover.

Last edited:

Id rather go for a better looking, more efficient, faster, better tuned, more comfortable and luxurious, more reliable, more sporty inline 6 35i X5 over a Durango any day, no thanks.

I guess you didn't realize most of them have a modern V-6 and ZF 8-speed automatic providing class competitive performance and fuel economy.

I'm not saying it's the best 3-row crossover out there or even that I'd buy another one, just dispelling misinformation.

If driving dynamics is higher on your list of priorities and cargo volume lower, than clearly the CX-9 is your crossover.

ZF leaves the transmission tuning up to the manufacturer who chooses this transmission, and how well a transmission is programmed makes up for at least 50% of the performance and reliability that you will experience while using this unit. Dodge being the company they are, their transmission tuning falls short of the competition and especially to Mazda which has stepped their transmission tuning game up big-time, comfortably nestled under BMWs wonderful Inline 6 - ZF transmission pairing.

Point is, drive a CPO X5 35i over a Durango - both of which apparently have the same transmissions and you will grab the BMW without even blinking an eye. There is absolutely no comparison! Have you heard of Dodges horrific transmission reliability problems? This leads everyone to believe that ZF is to blame while BMW owners experience next to zero failures with the same unit...

Same here. I also would never have a Q7... even if I could afford one.

FYI fuelly reports are in the 13-19 window for late model Durango v8. v8 is not the economy curse it used to be. Its also not got the huge torque and power advantage it used to enjoy over 4's and 6's.

Id rather go for a better looking, more efficient, faster, better tuned, more comfortable and luxurious, more reliable, more sporty inline 6 35i X5 over a Durango any day, no thanks.

ZF leaves the transmission tuning up to the manufacturer who chooses this transmission, and how well a transmission is programmed makes up for at least 50% of the performance and reliability that you will experience while using this unit. Dodge being the company they are, their transmission tuning falls short of the competition and especially to Mazda which has stepped their transmission tuning game up big-time, comfortably nestled under BMWs wonderful Inline 6 - ZF transmission pairing.

Point is, drive a CPO X5 35i over a Durango - both of which apparently have the same transmissions and you will grab the BMW without even blinking an eye. There is absolutely no comparison! Have you heard of Dodges horrific transmission reliability problems? This leads everyone to believe that ZF is to blame while BMW owners experience next to zero failures with the same unit...

I don't know why you insist on being so misinformed all the time. It's like a badge of honor with you. There have been nothing but raves with the ZF 8-speed in the Durango. And consumer reports has given the Durango's transmissions (all 3 of them) excellent ratings since 2012. The Daimler 5-speed in mine has been bullet proof as they all have been as far as the forums are concerned.

And the X5 is not even in the same class as the Durango. Very few families are cross shopping the two. It's pointless to compare them.

Back