Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

14' Mazda6 GT Tech, 17' Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD V6, BMW S1000R/RR

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
    Glad you got your Kia and are happy about it. You don't own the CX9 but at Mazda 6 - so shouldn't you be on the Mazda6 thread???
    Why? Is that a rule? I am an auto and motorcycle enthusiast and I test pretty much everything out there. I am a much harsher critic of Toyota after owning 3 of them.

Registered Member

cx9

Its not a rule, but neither is there a rule against him calling you out on your unusual level of criticism. Thou doth protest too much.. almost enough to make one think you secretly LOVE the damn thing.

Yea so its got its share of issues, but its a pretty good car. And its not just us koolaid drinkers who have said so, the general wide ranging consensus is that its pretty good.

The sales don't match the so called general consensus. And I love few things about the cx9 but I am disappointed overall after wasting time waiting for it over a year

BMW & Mazda Enthusiast GJ-Molestor's Avatar

2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6

Quote Originally Posted by forties View Post
    Its not a rule, but neither is there a rule against him calling you out on your unusual level of criticism. Thou doth protest too much.. almost enough to make one think you secretly LOVE the damn thing.

Yea so its got its share of issues, but its a pretty good car. And its not just us koolaid drinkers who have said so, the general wide ranging consensus is that its pretty good.
    Lol, I know right?

2018 CX-9 Signature

Even if the CX-9 had come along with the most space in class, most features in class, most power in class, while maintaining the best styling and driving dynamics, it would still be one of the slowest selling models. Brand recognition, past reputation, dealer network, all play as big a role in sales as the product itself. Sadly. People go shopping for a 3-row and Mazda doesn't even enter the buying process for most people. Just the way it is. What do you think would happen if they introduced the best full-size pickup on the market, even with a V-8? Nobody would buy it. Simply because it was a Mazda.

The best cars in a segment rarely are the best sellers. Just go check out all the best sellers. The Explorer is actually the worse vehicle in this segment (mostly due to its age), and it's the best seller. The CX-9 has won almost all comparisons, and it's the least selling model.

Cx5 sells well. Even Hyundai and Kia sell better as they offer much better value and luxury. Mazda needs to up its marketing game.

2018 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
    Cx5 sells well. Even Hyundai and Kia sell better as they offer much better value and luxury. Mazda needs to up its marketing game.
    Hyundai/Kia is a huge company. 4th largest automaker in the world. Bigger than Ford and Nissan. Mazda is 15th.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 Signature

With Kia and Hyundai I have to disagree with the luxury aspect over Mazda...as for value and the warranty yes I agree. I drove a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL for 3K KMs last July for 2 wks and while the engine was powerful and smooth and had lots of nice features which proves why it sells quite well (value for money) it drove like a boat didn't inspire any confidence driving in corners and screamed of cheapness on the materials in the cabin and dash and the suspension was jarring...definitely the CX9 drove better and had more "luxury". Am not generalizing here but just stating based from the comparison between those 2 models...even if you look at the current CX5 the materials inside look more premium than a Tucson.

2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

Hyundai not per se but checkout any kia offerings right from optima cadenza sportage and sorento. The quality and luxury is a class above Hyundai and the Japanese. Mazda is definitely slightly more luxurious. I shouldn't have included Hyundai. They are still not there yet in luxury.

We are not talking reliability yet but kia and Hyundai are leaps ahead of Mazda now.
    Last edited by CrazyBiker; 09-13-2017 at 11:44 AM.

BMW & Mazda Enthusiast GJ-Molestor's Avatar

2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6

Quote Originally Posted by tekbis View Post
    With Kia and Hyundai I have to disagree with the luxury aspect over Mazda...as for value and the warranty yes I agree. I drove a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL for 3K KMs last July for 2 wks and while the engine was powerful and smooth and had lots of nice features which proves why it sells quite well (value for money) it drove like a boat didn't inspire any confidence driving in corners and screamed of cheapness on the materials in the cabin and dash and the suspension was jarring...definitely the CX9 drove better and had more "luxury". Am not generalizing here but just stating based from the comparison between those 2 models...even if you look at the current CX5 the materials inside look more premium than a Tucson.
    Agreed mazdas chassis is brilliant, it floats like a luxo car over smooth pavement. Fit and finish, materials are build quality are all impeccable.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Why? Is that a rule? I am an auto and motorcycle enthusiast and I test pretty much everything out there. I am a much harsher critic of Toyota after owning 3 of them.
    The problem I have with posters like you, and this forum has lots of them, is that lack of any useful information. Just complaints about what Mazda model X does not have. Nothing useful.

Are Mazda cars 100% perfect? No, not even close. They make a product that most people on this forum have purchased because they fit their needs. No need to harp about the features a given model does not have.

2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

Harping is right. As I want those features so that much more than 3000 people buy then a month.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Hyundai/Kia is a huge company. 4th largest automaker in the world. Bigger than Ford and Nissan. Mazda is 15th.

And it basically has an entire country to its own. Just returned from 2 weeks in Korea and you barely see another car make. Must be nice to have that market all to yourself.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 Signature

[QUOTE=dougal;6541767]The problem I have with posters like you, and this forum has lots of them, is that lack of any useful information. Just complaints about what Mazda model X does not have. Nothing useful.

These are the types of postings that are deterring me from reading and participating in forums like this as I mostly see gripes and complaints while I would rather read more useful information such as user experiences and/or tech stuff or even tips. I don't mind sharing opinions every once in a while but sometimes the threads become attacks and it just turns me off. I know I won't get my wishes but if most postings are negatives more and more owners of Mazda might just be turned off from the forum. If this happens it's too bad as owners like me would like to continue getting useful and relevant info and vice versa (sharing useful info as well).
    Last edited by tekbis; 09-13-2017 at 04:57 PM.

2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    The problem I have with posters like you, and this forum has lots of them, is that lack of any useful information. Just complaints about what Mazda model X does not have. Nothing useful.
    Welcome to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    They make a product that most people on this forum have purchased because they fit their needs. No need to harp about the features a given model does not have.
    You are joking, right? If something doesn't suit my needs, I should just sit down and shut up, and buy something else? How do car companies, or any companies, know how their products are falling short if they don't get any feedback (which sometimes comes in the form of complaints)? Should everyone just have shut up about New Coke and switched to Pepsi instead?
    Last edited by tex2670; 09-13-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast