Ford/Mazda Partnership... Want To Know More

do you stay up all night in bed and daydream at work dreaming all this s*** up to pass on as an "expert", with only 193 posts, joining the forum 3 months ago?

the amount of bulls*** you made up just to make yourself sound like what you're talking about is unreal... this thread isn't even worth my energy or time to completely destroy you with REAL knowledge... you know, PROOF of what I could possibly write...
go on ahead and clog all the n00bs here with your hogwash, I'm done with this thread

I'm not sure that much of the above account of Skyactive powertrain is true either if I'm honest and the comment about the diff would suggest it is the source of a warranty issue which I'm sure is not true - it's a very sweeping comment. An emotive comment about wishing for an entirely unnecessary limited slip diff in a standard production motor car which in most cases would have traction control anyway, does not make the historic account any more plausible to me.

I'm not sure that much of the above account of Skyactive powertrain is true either if I'm honest and the comment about the diff would suggest it is the source of a warranty issue which I'm sure is not true - it's a very sweeping comment. An emotive comment about wishing for an entirely unnecessary limited slip diff in a standard production motor car which in most cases would have traction control anyway, does not make the historic account any more plausible to me.

Dude, check out the 2.0 and 2.5L Mazda L engine that was in the second generation Mazda 3. Look at the engine specs (bore x stroke) and check out the engine bay layout. Then compare it to the skyactiv engine...

Not all mazdas are driven conservatively. The ones that aren't driven conservatively need one

do you stay up all night in bed and daydream at work dreaming all this s*** up to pass on as an "expert", with only 193 posts, joining the forum 3 months ago?

the amount of bulls*** you made up just to make yourself sound like what you're talking about is unreal... this thread isn't even worth my energy or time to completely destroy you with REAL knowledge... you know, PROOF of what I could possibly write...
go on ahead and clog all the n00bs here with your hogwash, I'm done with this thread

Why are you so angry you blubbering fool. Before you're done with this thread, Read what I said above in this post.

Last edited:
Dude, check out the 2.0 and 2.5L Mazda L engine that was in the second generation Mazda 3. Look at the engine specs (bore x stroke) and check out the engine bay layout. Then compare it to the skyactiv engine...

Not all mazdas are driven conservatively. The ones that aren't driven conservatively need one

Why are you so angry you blubbering fool. Before you're done with this thread, Read what I said above in this post.

Do they really? Plenty of performance cars do not have LSD's, and opt instead for open diffs.

BMW335i (The G37S does have a VLSD....what did it do for it?)

Oh, don't forget the McLaren P1...
This has an open diff, too...

(Oh...and all you "but a moonroof is HEAVY!!!!" types...notice the transparent roof of the P1....somehow it's not too top-heavy, although a REAL race-car like a CX5...that pork would never make the cut...yeah?)

Last edited:
Do they really? Plenty of performance cars do not have LSD's, and opt instead for open diffs.

BMW335i (The G37S does have a VLSD....what did it do for it?)

Oh, don't forget the McLaren P1...
This has an open diff, too...

(Oh...and all you "but a moonroof is HEAVY!!!!" types...notice the transparent roof of the P1....somehow it's not too top-heavy, although a REAL race-car like a CX5...that pork would never make the cut...yeah?)

First off, the G37 and 335i may have the same goal in mind, but they are two completely differently tuned vehicles. A fair comparison would be to put limited slip differentials on both of them.

Some open diffs feel completely differently from others. For example, hondas is actually good and allows the front tires to somewhat move at different speeds, whereas the Mazda's causes wheel hop and chatter on the inside wheel. It doesn't put down the throttle as well under throttle as it could.

Also, there is a big difference between open differentials on a FWD or RWD car. Even though the RWD may have the same equally bad differential, it's capabilities will still be higher because of the superior chassis balance and ability to apply throttle to the rear axle without overloading the front.

If you think that Mazdas differential is fine for aggressive cornering, you just haven't pushed the car hard enough yet :)

Any spirited driver would agree that the diff is the biggest setback on this car for aggressive driving.

First off, the G37 and 335i may have the same goal in mind, but they are two completely differently tuned vehicles. A fair comparison would be to put limited slip differentials on both of them.

Some open diffs feel completely differently from others. For example, hondas is actually good and allows the front tires to somewhat move at different speeds, whereas the Mazda's causes wheel hop and chatter on the inside wheel. It doesn't put down the throttle as well under throttle as it could.

Also, there is a big difference between open differentials on a FWD or RWD car. Even though the RWD may have the same equally bad differential, it's capabilities will still be higher because of the superior chassis balance and ability to apply throttle to the rear axle without overloading the front.

If you think that Mazdas differential is fine for aggressive cornering, you just haven't pushed the car hard enough yet :)

Any spirited driver would agree that the diff is the biggest setback on this car for aggressive driving.

I wouldn't know, mine is AWD :p

All Skyactiv G engines, 6 Speed transmissions, and the chassis was developed new from the ground up. There was no Ford collaboration, and no tweaking or using of the C1 Global platform Mazda shared with Ford on previous generation chassis. Also, there was no tweaking or using of previous generations MZR motor blocks for skyactiv engines. Transmission is also all new and is a hybrid of a dual clutch and a traditional transmission.

SKYACTIV shares nothing with previous Mazda generations. The CX-5 was designed and sold as a new mid size crossover in late 2012, and was Mazda's first vehicle to feature the whole suite of Skyactiv technology, and since 2013 for the 14 model year, the Mazda 3 and 6 share nothing in common with the previous generations.

Latest posts

Back