Mods - Tune - Exhaust - Cat Delete

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
hi all, anyone on here done some tuning or any of the mentioned mods to their mazda, namely the 2.5L engine?

I am thinking of installing an axle-back and possible a cat delete + tune. what other options do I have?

did you end up doing the tune and exhaust? looking to get engine back+ tune in a couple weeks 2.5L 16

If you are looking for more sound while actually freeing up some horsepower your best bet is to try deleting the second cat. if that is not loud enough for you, then a new axle-back works. alternatively, you can weld resonators behind your exhaust tips where your old muffler used to be for a great drone-free sound at a cheaper price.

here is a diagram of our exhaust system.

sy2kd4.gif

the WU-TWC (Warm-up Three-Way Converter) is inside the exhaust manifold, meaning you cannot remove the monitored cat unless you get aftermarket headers. this means that removing the exposed, unmonitored second cat will not cause any codes and your ECU can adjust to the mod on it's own within 500KM without the need for any sort of tune. this should open up a couple HP (or more, not sure how large this cat is) and will improve the sound without making it annoying. while you're underneath there, I would also recommend taking the factory mid-muffler/resonator and relocating it to underneath the rear passenger seats. DO NOT remove it unless you want an awful riced out honda farting sound.

260diy1.gif

this is a very simple yet effectively designed exhaust design and I personally think it sounds good without being too quiet like other stock exhaust systems.

one thing about resonators I will mention. resonators do exactly that - resonate your exhaust flow. this creates a turbulent flow - essentially a good type of backpressure that GAIN you a few ft/lb of torque. that's right, you will lose power if you delete your resonator unless you can fit an x-pipe (which is impossible due to our single pipe design)

Back