Plasti-Dip

Gkdolla

:
2017 cx5 gt
Did some plasti-dipping today. I hated the front chrome grill. And I hated not being able to debadge the rear hatch. So I plasti dipped them today. I also did the "hockey stick" window trim. I left the lower portion chrome still just to see how it'll look. It's not too bad, but I'll end up dipping that as well. Anyway, here's some pics.
aef9596ac313e2edb545b5474bd90faf.jpg
f1f2505b4d2c1040b8b3cc05ad01e741.jpg
d3a33f16b9fcdf405bffadc4a265bb04.jpg
38338bbc8e7f589b19c45a9813ee5731.jpg

You can keep the 17 and anything Plasti dipped,but what's the scoop on the Impala in the garage...

You can keep the 17 and anything Plasti dipped,but what's the scoop on the Impala in the garage...
Lol. I was wondering who would mention that..... Its just my side chick. Drive it every now and then to work or to shows...1974 Impala SS. Mild cam, new springs and lifters, aluminum radiator + electric fans, engine dress up kit, hotchkis suspension, 14" Supremes.

sick! turned out very nice. good camera too.

I plastidipped just the mazda badge on the front and it looks awesome...

sick! turned out very nice. good camera too.

I plastidipped just the mazda badge on the front and it looks awesome...
Do you have the adaptive cruise control? Cause I tried to take off the front emblem from behind the grill...and it was a pain...I just gave up and I'll try another day when I have more time.

plasti-dip looks great, good job.........but what's that black line in the lower front panel (red ovals) at first I thought maybe it was just a shadow line, but it's there in both pictures? is that a crack ?

plasti-dip looks great, good job.........but what's that black line in the lower front panel (red ovals) at first I thought maybe it was just a shadow line, but it's there in both pictures? is that a crack ?

Water drip. I had washed it a lil while before I started.

Heck yea man,nice Impala!!

The Plasti Dip does look good as well. Big Improvement over factory IMO. Thanks for sharing. Continue to enjoy your whips...

What do you mean not being able to debadge the back? I was thinking of debadging mine, but now I am concerned.

What do you mean not being able to debadge the back? I was thinking of debadging mine, but now I am concerned.
There are holes behind the skyactive badge and also the cx5 badge....and I'm sure the Mazda emblem also....

looks good! did you put clear or anything over the plastidip? i did my badges, but not sure how it would hold up on the grill piece especially

looks good! did you put clear or anything over the plastidip? i did my badges, but not sure how it would hold up on the grill piece especially
No, I didn't put clear... Just did 4 coats of PD. I did the same on my Mazda 6 and it held up just fine for over 2 years.

No, I didn't put clear... Just did 4 coats of PD. I did the same on my Mazda 6 and it held up just fine for over 2 years.

hi! I know this is a super late post, but I just bought me a CX-5, love it.

I want to plasti-dip the badges, but, I was wondering if you took your badges off to dip or whether you dipped them while on the car?

Is it easy to take them off, dip them and then put them back on?

I love the way my emblems came out. I used 6 coats of black and 3 coats of glossifier. It was well worth the $13 and two hours of easy work.
desert.jpg
1z3nkhg.jpg

Back