Mazda5 flashing air bag light

Matt Keefe

:
Mazda5 2007 LX
Code readers can give a lot of general information when a check engine light comes on. But when a air bag or ABS light comes on they probably only read domestic and a select imports.
Now, for about $120.00 on EBAY a company called iCarsoft i909 has a code reader for Mazda and Mitsubishi brands. It gave me B2232 air bag code. I subscribe to alldatadiy.com. I looked up the code and it gave me a trouble shooting guide. Or just Google the code and you will find more information. I found out the MAZDA5 has had problems with clock springs(under the steering wheel) that communicate with the air bag system. For several years 2006 -2007 the pin plating on the connectors did not last. Ford had the same problem. I wanted to do the job myself but I let my trusted mechanic do it for a $100.00. I gave him the part to install. I felt it was better to let a pro handle it if was more complicated than what I initially diagnosed. I bought a Genuine Mazda part online dealer at a discount. Finally, the codes are so important. Seat belts, crash sensors, air bag modules(can be reprogrammed) if the car was in a crash(Google it). I saw a Mazda service bulletin on a front crash sensor that malfunctioned because a salty air. Do your homework. ChrisFix on youtube is a great source and has video on the common problems with air bag warning lights.

Back