Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 CX-9 Signature, Vibration on Highway when 65 mph+

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016

If you have the vibrations, video it. Do not accept the excuse from the dealership that they could not replicate the problem. Show them the video of the problem. Give them all the details of when, where, what occurred when your problem happened.

Be ready to file a Lemon Law complaint according to the law in your state. That really gets the attention of the dealership and of Mazda USA.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyWeiWei View Post
    Greeting.

We bought our 17 CX-9 Signature last Sat. Drove 4 times and found vibration everytime we drove on highway over 65 mph. We cross checked by using my 2013 CX-5 to drive the same route, smooth.

I have contacted the dealer and will send the car back next Thursday to check, hopefully they can figure out the reason. Not very big vibration, but you can feel if the whole car keep vibrating, even feel more when I release the gas but not break yet.

I have read some posts and comments, hopefully dealer can fix it. Kinda dissapointing since brand new, drove from dearler only 11 miles, no just reach 100 miles.

Any suggestion will be helpful, thank you so much

Joe
    How did this turn out Joe?

So you have hwy vibration on a brand new CX-9. You were "kinda" dissapointed? So not completely dissapointed? Good thing. I'da been pissed.

Being that this was posted in early August and it's now December, is it resolved? If so, how was it resolved and who at which dealership figured out the fix?

Do you have video of the issue? Please show it.

I did a short search on Youtube for
    '16 - '18 CX-9 vibration issues and couldn't find anything. Plenty of '08 - '11 stuff posted.

You mentioned in another post your parking sensor wouldn't work as well...
    Any word on that?

Thanks for keeping me informed.
    Last edited by Fruitwolf; 12-17-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyWeiWei View Post
    Greeting.

We bought our 17 CX-9 Signature last Sat. Drove 4 times and found vibration everytime we drove on highway over 65 mph. We cross checked by using my 2013 CX-5 to drive the same route, smooth.

I have contacted the dealer and will send the car back next Thursday to check, hopefully they can figure out the reason. Not very big vibration, but you can feel if the whole car keep vibrating, even feel more when I release the gas but not break yet.

I have read some posts and comments, hopefully dealer can fix it. Kinda dissapointing since brand new, drove from dearler only 11 miles, no just reach 100 miles.

Any suggestion will be helpful, thank you so much

Joe
    This and a couple other complaints about highway vibration with no follow up posts? BS stories perhaps?

Registered Member

Mazda CX 9

Mazda dealer replaced my winter steel wheels with alloy wheels and now the vibrations have disappeared. I will test furthermore as I have only 7600 Km on my CX9 2017 and I noticed the problem at 6000 Km. I’ll keep you posted.

Still have the blank screen problem on the infotainment system though!

Never had these issues on my CX9 2007...

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX 9 Sport

Hi,

I just purchased 2018 mazda CX 9 sport and I have been driving it for few days now. I can feel the vibration when I drive over 65 mph speed. I have only driven 200 miles.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by vpfromtustin View Post
    Hi,

I just purchased 2018 mazda CX 9 sport and I have been driving it for few days now. I can feel the vibration when I drive over 65 mph speed. I have only driven 200 miles.
    I have just under 1k miles on mine and haven't done much interstate driving.

When I do take the interstate, at times, I have noticed slight vibration above 65 mph at the onset. It's very slight and seems to fade away in time.

When I feel the vibration, I make a mental note of the speed. Later on, I'll bring it up to that speed to see if it's still there. It fades.

I have Falken tires btw.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

I think I may have the same issue on my 2018 Signature. I just took delivery on Friday and its only got about 300 kms on it. I started a new job today, and on my way home I took the car past 100km/hr for the first time and felt a very slight vibration. I don't know if this is due to the different road I'm taking or if it's a problem similar to the OP's, but it's something I will be monitoring. I'll report back in a week or two. It could very well just be in my head.

I have Bridgestone Ecopia tires on my CX-9.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I think I may have the same issue on my 2018 Signature. I just took delivery on Friday and its only got about 300 kms on it. I started a new job today, and on my way home I took the car past 100km/hr for the first time and felt a very slight vibration. I don't know if this is due to the different road I'm taking or if it's a problem similar to the OP's, but it's something I will be monitoring. I'll report back in a week or two. It could very well just be in my head.

I have Bridgestone Ecopia tires on my CX-9.
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I've now got just over 1k miles on my 2018 Signature.

The vibration is very slight, almost like a road surface issue. It seems to occur between 55 - 70 mph.
    (88-112 kph) It never happens over the entire 15 mph span... It'll pinpoint at one certain speed within the range.

I need to take the car on a longer interstate trip to really see if this is in my head or not. I drive in the city 80% of the time and only take short freeway rides.

As I stated in an earlier post, the issue seems to fade in a short time but it's hard to tell by then because the road surface has changed.

I know this is weird but when going at the same speeds on stretches of secondary roads, I don't seem to have the issue or don't notice it! (scratching head...) 🤔
    Last edited by Fruitwolf; 01-09-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitwolf View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I've now got just over 1k miles on my 2018 Signature.

The vibration is very slight, almost like a road surface issue. It seems to occur between 55 - 70 mph.
    (88-112 kph) It never happens over the entire 15 mph span... It'll pinpoint at one certain speed within the range.

I need to take the car on a longer interstate trip to really see if this is in my head or not. I drive in the city 80% of the time and only take short freeway rides.

As I stated in an earlier post, the issue seems to fade in a short time but it's hard to tell by then because the road surface has changed.

I know this is weird but when going at the same speeds on stretches of secondary roads, I don't seem to have the issue or don't notice it! (scratching head...) 🤔
    Odd indeed..

What tires do you have on your CX-9?

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Odd indeed..

What tires do you have on your CX-9?
    Falkens.

I took the CX-9 on the interstate today, no vibration. I'm thinking what this may be is a pavement issue. Nashville gets a massive amount of semi truck traffic. As you know, this is great for road surfaces, NOT.
    Last edited by Fruitwolf; 01-10-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitwolf View Post
    Falkens.

I took the CX-9 on the interstate today, no vibration. I'm thinking what this may be is a pavement issue. Nashville gets a massive amount of semi truck traffic. As you know, this is great for road surfaces, NOT.
    That's good to hear from your end. Hopefully it's the same for me.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Have people been experiencing the "vibration" more frequently in the cold weather, especially after sitting overnight? I think this was/is happening with my car too but really only when it's below ~40 degrees F and it seems to go away after a few minutes of driving at higher speeds (above 50 or 60 mph).

Could it be that the tires are "flat-spotting" after sitting overnight? It's the only thing I can think of where the vibration would go away after several minutes of driving, thus giving the tires a chance to warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by greggmischenko View Post
    Have people been experiencing the "vibration" more frequently in the cold weather, especially after sitting overnight? I think this was/is happening with my car too but really only when it's below ~40 degrees F and it seems to go away after a few minutes of driving at higher speeds (above 50 or 60 mph).

Could it be that the tires are "flat-spotting" after sitting overnight? It's the only thing I can think of where the vibration would go away after several minutes of driving, thus giving the tires a chance to warm up.
    That could be a possibility. In my case, I think the "vibration" I described earlier was all in my head, as I haven't felt it since. Weather has been -25C to -29C the past few days and I haven't noticed any vibrations.

.. Hmm, I should probably be plugging in my block heater, lol

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 Signature

Been dealing with minus 25- minus 30 deg C in our area as of late and no vibration issues experienced so far...

When I test drove a 2017 Grand Touring I noticed a slight vibration, mainly in the steering wheel, at highway speed. It felt a bit like a wheel balance issue. I ultimately bought a different 2017 GT, and I don't recall noticing any vibration . . . at least not at first. I thought I might have noticed some slight vibration after about 5 or 6 days, but then my winter wheels/tires arrived, and I had those swapped out by the dealer before I got a chance to really drill down on the issue.

Upon leaving the dealership, I took the GT out onto the freeway to get home, and there was some severe vibration/shuddering. Consequently, I had the winter wheels balanced at a tire-specific shop. But today I went back out onto the freeway, and I still got a noticeable - albeit far less - amount of vibration/shuddering on the freeway. I'd note that last night we got several inches of cold, powdery snow, and while driving today much of the slush/snow clumped up onto and into the wheels, so it very well may be that the accumulated slush/snow/ice is what's throwing off the balance.

Anyway, I just figured I'd share my experience with the vibration issue. Obviously I'll keep an eye on the issue and provide updates as warranted. And, of course, I'd appreciate anyone else's thoughts.
    CURRENT MAZDA:
    2017 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD 6AT - Crystal Blue Mica 20" OEM Mazda wheels or 19" ASA GT13 wheels 255/50R20 Falken Ziex CT50 tires or 255/55R19 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 tires WeatherTech FloorLiner Mats Draw-Tite 2" Hitch Receiver Thule 460 Podium Feet w/ 50" Crossbars Thule Force L Cargo Box

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN MAZDAS:
    2015 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD 6AT | 2014 Mazda6 i Touring 6MT | 2010 Mazda3 S 6MT | 2007 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT | 2008 Mazda Miata Touring 6MT PRHT | 2006 Mazda Miata Sport 5MT | 2003 Mazda MPV ES 5AT | 2001 Mazda Protege5 5MT | 1999 Mazda Miata 5MT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast