Hard start after getting gas...?

:
83 RX-7 Gsl, 2000 Mazda Protege LX, 2011 Mazda3 Sport i
My girlfriend owns a 2011 Mazda 3 sport i. Now I just got gas for her and it had a hard time starting and had to crank for a bit longer than I like. Now she says that always happens so I really would like things to check just in case cause I don't like the sounds of that.

f760d0827f4e01752ed9b47ba47cb927.jpg

That's hers next to mine!

This has popped up in the past.....

If i am not mistaken, emission components are warrantied for 7 years 70 k miles.

Purge falls under this category I believe. Call your local dealership and make sure.

What happens, is the purge solenoid stays stuck open, when you fill the gas/fuel tank, the vapors go right inside to the inake manifold/engine and it becomes too rich/too much fuel to start,(Basically flooded kinda).

Purge solenoid is very common, can turn on the engine light for lean at idle as well.

Also be sure to stop filling the first time the gas pump clicks off. Do not try to top off or squeeze some more in there to round up...

I've definitely noticed that too on my 2.3 3 although I thought it was only when the gas tank was very low to begin with. The engine occasionally would idle too low and die because of lean mixture also. I'll let you know when I find out more about what was wrong with mine. Start by checking using a code reader

I've definitely noticed that too on my 2.3 3 although I thought it was only when the gas tank was very low to begin with. The engine occasionally would idle too low and die because of lean mixture also. I'll let you know when I find out more about what was wrong with mine. Start by checking using a code reader

I hooked my laptop up to it and everything ran fine once running. I told her to start filling her tank rather than putting $10 in every day or so.

If it happens when u fuel up, check purge valve for Waco system, charcoal canister and leak detection pump. I've seen where the system starts sucking fuel and sends extra through the lines and I guess u can say it "floods" the car causing starting issues or misfires

Back