2013 HD Radio reception gone

emthered

:
2013 CX-5 Sport 2.0
Anyone having problems with HD radio reception? The HD radio on my 2013 was working fine up until a couple of months ago when the HD radio stopped working reliably. (Yes- the soft button for HD radio is on). And now it doesn't work at all. I removed the unit and cleaned the antenna contact which seemed to help for about an hour. The it reverted back to no HD reception. Additionally, the FM reception is very noisy now. Any ideas? Perhaps a fouled antenna wire?

My CX-5 is a 2017 and I've only had it for about a month, so I can't speak to any recent changes in reception...but I HAVE noticed that the HD radio versions of my local stations (there are only 3 offered in my area) are delayed by several seconds vs. the regular radio broadcasts, and that the HD radio reception cuts out when I'm in "remote" areas even while the regular (AM) broadcast is coming through loud and clear. So, I'll keep tuning into the regular broadcasts until HD radio in my area is useable...

Never had any luck with HD in my 2016. When the HD kicks in it just sounds like the music is in a tunnel. Also the sub-channels (ones that say 2, 3, 4, etc. in the right corner)
never seem to buffer enough sound so they always stop playing. It's a format that never seemed to get off the ground.

I've gotten into the habit of just ignoring it.

Back