2016+ CX9 Bose Audio Settings

jgriffter

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Saw some threads regarding people's recommended settings for other Mazda models.

Interested in hearing what 2016+ CX9 Bose owners use for their audio settings? I tend to play around with different settings frequently but right now I am using:

Bass -1
Treble +3
Fader 0
Balance 0
Centerpoint On
Audiopilot On

I go back and forth on how much bass (-1 to 0) and using or not using Centerpoint. Interested in opinions. Thanks!

Same exact settings. Same exact alternations.

I read another thread, in which users were treating their sub-enclosure with sound deadening to tighten up the low end.

Yes, I was the one that posted the sub treatment - polyfill, then sound deadener. Has made a nice difference but still trying to get the system to sound its best and interested in insights from other owners!

My settings are:

Bass +3
Treble +5
Fader 0
Balance 0
Centerpoint On
Audiopilot OFF (audio becomes too loud for me when speed of vehicle increases - due to quietness of cabin sound becomes intrusive, if I lower the volume then when vehicle is stopped it isn't enough)

The default is good, albeit a bit bass heavy.

I tweak mine, but best all around sound is:

Bass -1
Treble +1
Fader 0
Balance 0
Centerpoint On
Audiopilot On

It depends on the music/audio. Sometimes I will go -2B, +2T.

Cranking the bass all the way up on certain thug-a-licious tracks reminds me of heating up the Fosgate's back in the day...

The Centerpoint is great and AudioPilot "just works"

I'm really surprise how good the audio system is. Especially considering the designer/engineer's parents were deaf.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/th...w-valbuena-discovering-mazdas-spirited-sound/

Sometimes the Centerpoint sounds good to me, and sometimes it doesn't. I leave it off.

The damping material stuck to the outside of the sub enclosure did more good than the polyfill inside. Do both.

Is there some non-amplified music you like that you can play inside the car? A guitar or a violin or an a cappella singer? Nothing that has been electronically "improved?" Play that. You know what a solo piano or a violin or an acoustic guitar or single voice sounds like. Put your settings for that music as close to natural as you can.

I just picked up a 2017 CX-9 GT last week and I've been playing with the audio settings all week trying to find something that works to help the muddy sounding bass issue. It seemed that even when I turned the bass down to -2 or -3 the low bass was still distorted and the mid-bass sort of disappeared. I finally decided today to simply unplug the subwoofer and it made a marked improvement! I returned bass setting to 0, kept treble at +3, and I really like how it sounds now. I am planning on getting some sound deadening material for the outside of the bass enclosure as I think the plastic sub enclosure is what's causing the muddy sounding bass. Until then I'm just going to keep it unplugged.

TLDR:
Subwoofer: disconnected
Bass: 0
Treble: +3
Fader: 0
Balance: 0
Centerpoint: On
Audiopilot: On

One really good test to find the settings point you like is a live recording where you listen to just the applause. We know what clapping sounds like. If it doesn't sound real, fiddle with the controls until it is as close to real as you can get it.

Bose should be ashamed to put their name on that subwoofer as it is delivered.

Back