2017 XM Radio - Station truncated and no graphics

jetydosa

:
17 CX5 GT 16 CX3 GT
Anyone know why this is? There no album art/station graphics and the song title is truncated to maybe 20 characters...

Meh, if you're listening to low bitrate noise anyway what does it matter :p

Weird - I mean how hard is it to have the station info formatted properly?

Mazda does a lot of weird things with their cars. They really need to just look at what the Germans are doing and mostly emulate them.

I've had 2 other older cars with XM and the longer song titles were always truncated. Never found out whether this was the fault of XM or the car's audio system.

Sirius XM

I've had 2 other older cars with XM and the longer song titles were always truncated. Never found out whether this was the fault of XM or the car's audio system.

So my 2017 Touring did not come with Sirius XM (the Touring do not get it, cheap), but you can get S XM anyway through your smart phone. First you need to download the Sirius app, then you can use the Bluetooth system on your radio to hear the S XM, not a very good system, but it does work. Sometimes. The XM App does not use the satellite signal, but uses the cell phone signal. You can not change stations because it is very dangerous (much worse than texting while driving). Stop the car to change the station with your phone. BUT it does work, just not always well. The sound is great. But sometimes you drive out of cell phone range.

Back