2015 Mazda 6 GJ2 transmission jerky at low speed

simon319

:
Mazda 6 GJ2
Hey guys,

Recently I bought a used 2015 mazda 6 auto (petrol) and I found that every time when its a cold start the transmission will be jerky between 1st to 2nd gear, the symptom will 100% appear when:

1. The car is in cold condition

2. Step on the throttle gently, when the speed is about 10-20km/h (Sorry I live in Australia...= 6-12 mph), engine at about 1500rpm, the jerky feeling appears, like someone shaking your car back and forth.

Its like the transmission wants to up-shift from 1st to 2nd gear but due to some reason not success. I tried the manual mode at the same situation theres no jery feeling at all.

Wondering is there something wrong with my 6's transmission or it is normal for all the skyactiv transmission?

Appreciated for any advice

I fixed mine with a transmission fluid drain and fill. Sorry for the delay in posting, the forum is rather empty.

I have the same thing on my 2015 6GT, started as soon as it got cold last fall. I will try fluid change, what type did you use?

drain and fill is strongly not recommended for transmissions close to or past 60k Miles. changing the transmission pan (which has a filter integrated into it) it highly recommended.

I would use Redline fluid, it is the best you can use for your car.

Back