For those who want their 2017 Mazda CX5 debadged

has anyone painted or darkened the front emblem? I just got the car of the lot and dont want to make any careless mistakes hehe

Good idea... What is the preferred method? dont want to plasti dip or anything, has anyone just directly spray painted or would it require removing the emblem as a whole? Does anyone know what holds the emblem in place for '17 models?

I dipped the front and rear emblem on my car. The front was super easy and came out perfectly. you wont mess anything up as long as youre careful. I really love the way it turned out, I added a gloss layer on top and it matches the colour of the grille really nicely. From far away the car has a black snout now, looks super mean.

sy42fk.jpg

e5jzes.jpg

2eg5eky.jpg

Last edited:
Besides some that like the clean look, sometimes debadging makes the car look wider. Less clutter and the sheetmetal seems to be more expansive.

Just got bummed out. I've been debadging all my cars and now I won't be able to without body work..(rant)

I've never seen any manufacturer design badges that required holes in the sheet metal. How stupid is that? It makes no sense.
Not really, my Toyota had those. Also the Renault and Peugeot. It is actually pretty common on many brands.

Strange that the CX-5 would have holes for the SkyActive badge when my 2017 6 does not.
I pulled off the SkyActive emblem on the trunk, and it was just a sticky plastic badge. No holes.

Back