2014 CX5 Samsung S8+

Snowdog70

Hello. my wife has a 2015 CX5 and she just got a Samsung S8+ the other day. Yesterday I paired the phone to the car with no problems but as we were driving we noticed a few issues and annoyances.

First the annoyances - every email that came through would ask us on the screen if we wanted to download it. She doesn't care about emails so is there a way to turn this off?

The biggest issue was when we tested the texting, it also asked us if we wanted to download the message, we then had to touch the "read" button on the CX5 screen and it would read, however there was no way to reply hands free.
We are new to Android(Had Windows phones before, it would connect and work with no issues), what do we need to do in order to get talk to text working in the car? I have also switched the personal assistant to Cortana and that didn't help.

I have searched all morning and haven't found any answers on this, so I imagine it's a setup issue, and I imagine someone on here must have an S8 or s8 Plus paired and working with their 14 CX5?

Thanks

Tried everything I could find online and nothing works. Even tried it in my 2015 Mazda 3 and it works the same way, basically it's not talk to text it just notifies you of a message and you have to download it and hit read and can only use canned replies. Pathetic that a 4 year old phone connects and works immediately with no setup and a brand new phone doesn't work at all with talk to text.

Yes. Because I cannot reply in my 2014 model, I just disable the text message sharing in the bluetooth settings on the phone so I don't receive them while driving. I'd rather not be distracted and if someone needs me bad enough they can call.

That's what I did as well. My wife said she will deal with it. Had I known this about the S8+ I wouldn't have gotten her one, and it's a deal breaker for me getting one.

It is in the bluetooth settings on the phone.Use for: Contact access (if you want to use the contacts on the phone and download them in the car once and a while) and Message Access (turn off) Leave on settings Call Audio and Media Audio if you have music on the S8

Back