Pressure sensor malfunction please help

Bryan21

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hello I am new to this forum and am in real need of some help I baught my MazdaSpeed Protege with 113k miles I got it for real cheap 2000$ has no check engine codes besides pressure sensor and random misfire due to the pressure sensor . This is the problem it is a weird issue the car turbo misfires when I step on the pedal to hit turbo so then I notice that the wire that is touching the pressure sensor gives signal to the computer BUT ONLY when I remove the pressure sensors little tiny metal piece that is sticking out of the sensor . I don't know how to explain but when the wire is making contact with the pressure sensor the car misfires and idles rough it is slow and wastes gas and etc. However if I rip off the little metal piece that is on the pressure sensor and stick the wire in there the car revs up and runs with flying colors !!! I have a small temporary fix I ziptie the wire and tape it so when I am running the car the wire won't come out from the pressure sensor please help me and talk to me I am willing to upload pics or send pics through email or whatever ask me any questions you need to know . Ps I already changed the power steering pump. I have tried more than 7 different pressure sensors and none of them works. The pressure sensor is not the problem because it works the problem is the wire does not make contact with the sensor when it touches the little metal piece but if I rip off the metal piece and stick the wire where the metal piece is it automatically fixes my car and makes the check engine light go away

What codes are you getting? I have never seen an issue like this before. Pictures would help to visualize what you are talking about.

I fixed that problem sir thanks for the reply. However now the turbo hit nice and fast but when I let go of the pedal the revs drop very very low the check engine flashes and the revs come back up and the check engine goes away . When I am at a light the car will misfire really bad and idle rough till the point it's undrivable. I have to pull to the side disconnect the battery and then turn on the car on and off several times then out of no where it drives back to Perfect . I'm not sure if I need a new computer from so many times I messed with the pressure sensor or if maybe it's the throttle sensor idk man what's your thoughts

It is probably a dirty MAF sensor, dirty EGR, dirty IAC, stuck BPV/BOV, etc. What mods does the car have? Post a pic of the engine bay.

I doubt the ECU is bad.

Back