2017 CX-5 Navigation

zERIC

:
2017 CX-5 Touring
Hi All, just purchased my new 2017 cx-5 and loving every single second of it. We do however have a bit of buyer's remorse, i think we should have added the preferred package since we wish we had the navigation system now...

I hear you can purchase the SD Card online somewhere that is a lot cheaper than getting it from the dealership. I've found many options online that range from $100 - $350. I wanted to see if anyone had experience purchasing one from amazon/ebay for your 2017 cx-5 and if you could point me to it.

Many thanks and very excited to be part of this community.
Cheers
E

For 2017 CX-5 Touring, Preferred Equipment Package is a steal for only $780 MSRP. Whoever considering a 2017 CX-5 Touring, Preferred Equipment Package is a must-to-get option.

Preferred Equipment Package - $780 MSRP
Auto dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
Automatic On/Off Headlights
Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers
Bose 10-speaker audio system with Centerpoint2 Surround Sound with AudioPilot
Mazda Navigation System
Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade
Power liftgate

Make sure you're getting the latest SD card with part number 0000-8F-Z09C. Watch out those cheap SD card selling on eBay making sure it never got installed in a CX-5 before or it may get VIN locked after 100 km / 62 miles of usage.

Beware online cards. They're not easily transferred and lock after a few miles. Legit cards are pretty much never less than $300-$350

Hi, I just bought a CX-5 Touring with the preferred package and was wondering about the navigation system. I thought I read somewhere that you have to register it to be able to get updates, is this true? Mine came already loaded and no real directions although most of it is self explanatory just can't seem to get the traffic conditions tab to work. Any input from those that know would be appreciated. Thanks! Ken

I was VERY skeptical about buying something like this from an online vendor...but when going through final negotiations for my 2017 CX-5 Touring in late June, I just couldn't bring myself to pay Mazda $450 for an SD card!

So, I "bit the bullet" and ordered one from eBay for $130 (vendor's name was dbrandshop), figuring that if I got screwed I would just call eBay or my credit card company and demand that the payment be cancelled.

My card arrived (ahead of schedule), I plugged it in, and it worked...and it still works. I've already registered the card and updated the maps (and am about to update them again).

Now, I don't necessarily believe that this is a genuine Mazda OEM card...but it sure does the exact same job, and Mazda are thieves for thinking they could charge $450 for an SD card. My major concern (aside from whether or not the card would even work) was about the quality of the card...I've tried buying blank micro-SD cards online before for my phones and found that counterfeit/fake cards would work at first but then fail because they were of poor quality...but I've made a full backup of this navigation card so if ever it physically fails I can make a backup using the Mazda Tools software.

Based on my limited experience, I highly recommend this same vendor for this product.

@RKinMTL, good tip with the backup.

I ordered one similar to the one that you've got. Same "model" as yours but from a different vendor. It's coming tomorrow and i will report back if it works out or not.

bought a nav card from ebay ...
works fine so far ...
I paid like $80+shipping ...

at under $100 ... I took a chance

Hi, I just bought a CX-5 Touring with the preferred package and was wondering about the navigation system. I thought I read somewhere that you have to register it to be able to get updates, is this true? Mine came already loaded and no real directions although most of it is self explanatory just can't seem to get the traffic conditions tab to work. Any input from those that know would be appreciated. Thanks! Ken
We just bought our 2017 CX-5 GT Premium & the Nav doesn't have "live traffic". Not sure what "traffic conditions" is that you are seeing. But anything greyed out, is a feature you don't have. But why would Mazda have that showing up if even the top GT Premium trim/pkg doesn't have what I call "live traffic"? Unless traffic conditions is something else...Hope I'm wrong! Still new as bought car 3 days ago..

My 16.5 will show traffic history when the car is not moving. Routes are based on that data.

Can anyone confirm the card version needed for a 2017 CX-5 Touring?

What is the difference between Version BHP166EZ1E and 0000-8F-Z09C?
Will either work?

Thanks
Scott

To answer my own question, I picked up an SD Card BPH1 66 EZ1E on Amazon for $130 and it works fine in 2017 Touring.

Back