new to mazda also new to the forum =) building msp 2003

jello_farts

:
rsx type s, 2010 vw gli,
I picked up a mazdaspeed protg with a blown engine. it had a wideband installed and old owner had a piggyback and a big turbo. from what I read it wont go much past 200 without throwing a rod. (that's what he did) car was a trade in at the dealer I work at. car is clean as can be! anyway he had a bunch of parts in the trunk along with different full exhaust and its already got some aftermarket suspension. anyway on to the engine. I have 2 engines one had a rod that died and killed the block the other had a bearing fail and destroy the crank. I am planning on making an engine out of the two and I was looking for advice as to the build and what parts to stay away from. also want to know if anyone has any experience with "mazda edit?" for tuning and if it can be used on this car. what pistons would be good for higher boost and what rods would hold the boost? I want the engine to hold up. also the transmission I heard won't hold much past 230? anyone had issues with trans after more power?

I picked up a mazdaspeed protg with a blown engine. it had a wideband installed and old owner had a piggyback and a big turbo. from what I read it wont go much past 200 without throwing a rod. (that's what he did) car was a trade in at the dealer I work at. car is clean as can be! anyway he had a bunch of parts in the trunk along with different full exhaust and its already got some aftermarket suspension. anyway on to the engine. I have 2 engines one had a rod that died and killed the block the other had a bearing fail and destroy the crank. I am planning on making an engine out of the two and I was looking for advice as to the build and what parts to stay away from. also want to know if anyone has any experience with "mazda edit?" for tuning and if it can be used on this car. what pistons would be good for higher boost and what rods would hold the boost? I want the engine to hold up. also the transmission I heard won't hold much past 230? anyone had issues with trans after more power?
Join Mazda Speed protege enthusiast on facebook as well. It will be easier to help.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back