Dome lights wont come on when doors open?

I thought you meant the lights right under the two front seats, the middle light does indeed have doors but I dont have a bulb there.
Should the front lights light up if I set it to door switch or is it only the middle one?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How do u know they work??? That's what sets the light on and off. And pics of ur dome light would help too

SC:derty_rabbit IG: derty_rabbit add me up

f7ed66d25edb082530419c273bcc6435.jpg
light in my p5

Looks just like yours but I lack the bulb. Should the front light light up aswell?

The middle light with the door switch is the only light that comes on when you open your door...
Go get a new bulb for it.
Gotcha, it is possible to rewire it so the front lights come on too? I got leds there and they light up the interior way better than the bulb.

Gotcha, it is possible to rewire it so the front lights come on too? I got leds there and they light up the interior way better than the bulb.

U might be able to, but might take a good amount of tear down

You could run wires from the metal tabs of the bulb holder for the middle light, to the other bulbs at the front.
Make sure to disconnect the wires feeding the front bulbs now and reconnect the new ones.

Be careful not to short the wires.
I remember one guy fried his circuit when he tried what you want to do.
It's a bit of a fancy circuit that dims the bulbs slowly to off.

I'm pretty sure the circuit is in the cluster.

U might be able to, but might take a good amount of tear down

^^^ What he said

I put a small solar panel on the sliding cover for the sunroof... It was a pain to feed the wires around.

You can probably get an LED bulb for that middle light.

You should disconnect your battery if you try to feed wires. There is constant +12 volts going to the middle light all the time. One short circuit and you could blow the circuit.

Thats good to know, trying to figure out how to connect it to the circuit and keeping the option of on/off aswell.
I currebtly have ambient led lights that come on with headlights, wired to the radios illumination. Would love them to come on when a door opens too. Any suggestions on how I can keep them connected to illumination and controlled by dome lights? I understand that simply wiring it to the circuit while not disconnecting them from illumination will fry the circuit, correct?

Can I not pass a wire from the circuit and a wire from illumination to a XOR gate? If illumination is off doors do light up the leds but if illumination is on doors dont try to light up the leds.
Im not sure how to wire it all up though to be honest.
If this proves to be too much of a pain then ill just keep it the way it is.

Can I not pass a wire from the circuit and a wire from illumination to a XOR gate? If illumination is off doors do light up the leds but if illumination is on doors dont try to light up the leds.
Im not sure how to wire it all up though to be honest.
If this proves to be too much of a pain then ill just keep it the way it is.

Whatever u do just make sure ur conscious of load as well, everything wired extra in a circuit can cause fuses to blow, then people usually up the amperage of a fuse (i.e. 25 amp to 30amp) then cause wires to overheat and then comes the fun part. U let the magic smoke out the module and that magic smoke can not be put back in.

Thats good to know, trying to figure out how to connect it to the circuit and keeping the option of on/off aswell.
I currebtly have ambient led lights that come on with headlights, wired to the radios illumination. Would love them to come on when a door opens too. Any suggestions on how I can keep them connected to illumination and controlled by dome lights? I understand that simply wiring it to the circuit while not disconnecting them from illumination will fry the circuit, correct?

All of that is possible but kinda tricky to design.
You'd basically be using the different power feeds as signals for a powered control circuit.

To keep things simple, and to not overload anything, you could just wire into the bulb socket of the middle light and not put a bulb in. (or try to find an LED for it) then run it to the front LED's.
You could switch them from always off, to always on, to on only when the door is open.

It's not quite what you want but it's simple and the hardest part would be feeding a wire from the middle to the front.

I went out to my car and checked the bulb for the middle light and it is a 10 Watt bulb.
So if you were to use a bunch of LED's totaling 10 Watts or less, you will be fine.
You could string up a second set of ambient LED's all on the same circuit.

I'm pretty sure the bright LED's are about 1 Watt and the ambient ones about a tenth of a Watt.

Back