Spotify via USB

kevboy55

:
Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Sky Blue Mica
I posted this in the audio section, but that section gets no play, so I'll try here.

Has anyone tried using Spotify on their iPhone with the USB connected? It works perfectly fine over Bluetooth, but the sound quality and volume is terrible, pretty much have to get the volume up to 50 just to get some decent volume. When plugged into USB, and when i go to the commander knob and select USB 1 or 2, nothing comes out.

This is on the nicest 2017 Silver GT in all the Fraser Valley region.

Thanks for any help!!

In the past ('16CX-5), I've had to have the music playing before I connected to USB.

My BMW is fickle with Spotify on USB as well (often, no viewable playlist).

Both like you say are flawless over BT, but the audio is degraded some

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I posted this in the audio section, but that section gets no play, so I'll try here.

Has anyone tried using Spotify on their iPhone with the USB connected? It works perfectly fine over Bluetooth, but the sound quality and volume is terrible, pretty much have to get the volume up to 50 just to get some decent volume. When plugged into USB, and when i go to the commander knob and select USB 1 or 2, nothing comes out.

This is on the nicest 2017 Silver GT in all the Fraser Valley region.

Thanks for any help!!
I have it working on a 2016 CX-5 no issues. When you go select USB 1 or 2, does it say "Apple Device" on one of the options? Something like "USB 1 - Apple Device" ?

Edit: Even in Bluetooth mode, Spotify on my iPhone and a volume of 20-22 on the CX-5 is loud enough for me.

Aux might be a better option.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Curious, when on BT do you have the volume on the phone turned up? BT volume can be controlled in two places, so be sure to check the phone first.

Yeah definitely sounds like the volume on the phone is down. Also, you can change the quality of the music with the app. Normal, high, extreme, etc.

Yeah definitely sounds like the volume on the phone is down. Also, you can change the quality of the music with the app. Normal, high, extreme, etc.

Yeah, volume is at 100% on my phone. I noticed the volume is low on these newer infotainment systems, compared to my old 2013 CX-5 GT with Bose, and significantly quieter than my Discovery Sport.

Oh well, I'll just live with it.....

Thanks!!

Yeah, volume is at 100% on my phone. I noticed the volume is low on these newer infotainment systems, compared to my old 2013 CX-5 GT with Bose, and significantly quieter than my Discovery Sport.

Oh well, I'll just live with it.....

Thanks!!

Can you try with a different phone? I stream spotify through bluetooth all the time and at 30, its very loud.

Can you try with a different phone? I stream spotify through bluetooth all the time and at 30, its very loud.

I can try the wife's phone later. But I found even our CX3 was the same way. 22-25 gets you basically nothing, 30 gets you low, and if I'm alone and want to crank it up, its minimum 50, but then the bass gets dotorted....

I can try the wife's phone later. But I found even our CX3 was the same way. 22-25 gets you basically nothing, 30 gets you low, and if I'm alone and want to crank it up, its minimum 50, but then the bass gets dotorted....

Yeah without a doubt it's a phone issue. 30 amd its bumping in my car.

Spotify user here. 30 is inaudible.

Droid Turbo 2. I wouldn't be shocked if it was the phone. No big deal, just turn it up. Getting the new Motorola Z2 in August, so we'll see.

Are you all driving with the windows down??? :)

It is a weird issue. I think it is a settings issue on the phone. I had similar issues before with my wife's iPhone, but that was on my Speed3. On the CX-5, Bluetooth and USB connections have worked fine and the volume is fine.

Hell yes I drive with the windows down as often as I can. 😁

I'm a Sys Admin / IT Manager by day. I support over 30 phones at my job. I'm a bigger phone geek then I am a car geek. I assure you...it's not a setting on the phone.

Back