Ambient Lighting

dc1387

:
Mazda CX-9
Hi,

I love the ambient lighting feature near the door handle and the tiny light above the driver. However, I noticed that these lights are on during the day too. Is there anyway to only have these on at night and not during the day? I checked the infotainment system and there are only options to turn it to dim, medium, off. No option for time of day. Im not sure if it works based on the headlights but I have my headlights set to auto all the time.

Hi,

I love the ambient lighting feature near the door handle and the tiny light above the driver. However, I noticed that these lights are on during the day too. Is there anyway to only have these on at night and not during the day? I checked the infotainment system and there are only options to turn it to dim, medium, off. No option for time of day. I’m not sure if it works based on the headlights but I have my headlights set to auto all the time.

Not sure why this is of concern when it's LED and uses very minimal power consumption not does it pose any distraction during the daytime...just my two cents

Cos its weird having lights on in the car constantly when its sunny outside? Especially the tiny light next to the lights above your head

Cos its weird having lights on in the car constantly when its sunny outside? Especially the tiny light next to the lights above your head

I know it doesn' t make any sense but that was how Mazda designed it...as to why we don't know. My take on it is why bother when it doesn't affect driving or visibility or etc. I don't want to be nitpicking at every little detail...I guess not everyone does the same

It's on all the time and can't even turned off.... I don't find it a big deal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really like the ambient light - including the one overhead. Its nice to have the light when its dark for when your reaching for drinks or whatever.

You won't even notice it was there during day time. I also have a Toyota Prado with similar ambient lighting and it too cannot be turned off.

Yep unfortunately on all the time. I suppose it's just an extra safety feature at very little cost!

Back